Air Rifle Velocity Adjustment

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

44 Magnum

Air Rifle Velocity Adjustment

Post by 44 Magnum »

I have a Walther LG300 XT and love it. But my question is it possible to adjust the velocity of my gun and if so does anyone know how?
peepsight

Velocity

Post by peepsight »

Hi Magnum

Not sure how you do this on a Walther LG300 XT, however, if you you look at the techinical specs of all the match air rifles you will notice that FWB, Anschuts, Walther, Steyr and Hammerlie are all set at around
170 to 175 MPS. This velocity has been found by the manufacturers to give the best accuracy/grouping for barrel length, barrel time and number of twists (rifling) per length. It is also set to give you the best economy for a given amount of commpressed air.

If you deviate too much away from these figures especially by increasing the velocity, you may see the group open up not to mention an increase in perceived 'kick' as the recoil stabilizer becomes less effective.

Check your rifle on a chrono to see if it comes within the spec, if it does leave alone. If its out by more that 8/10 MPS either way, get it adjusted by a Walther dealer or competent gun smith who knows what he is doing.

Peepsight