which is better toz 35 or hammerli 105?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

which is better toz 35 or hammerli 105?

Post by Guest »

I am looking for a better pistol to shoot in small bore silhouette NRA hunter. I am shooting a t/c right now. I live light & good triggers. my air pistol is a fwb, so I would like a 2 stage trigger for small bore too...
thanks
Ted

Post by Ted »

I shoot IHMSA silhouette and use a TOZ 35M for the .22 and a fwb P34 for the air silhouette. My FWB has a nice 2 stage trigger. My TOZ has what is called a 'roll trigger' that is essentially one stage. They can be set for a 2 stage trigger but, I have gotten very use to using the roll trigger for free pistol and for silhouettes.. the TOZ is a clone for the Hammerli 105. I would think it would be easier to get parts for the TOZ though. Hope this helps. I use a T/C for the field and big bore events and think I understand your wanting a better pistol. A T/C is a very good pistol for the silhouette game but a free pistol can be set for a consistently lighter trigger and the accuracy will almost always match or better a T/C

toz 35 & haemmerli 150

Post by Guest »

According to my literature the TOZ 35 was built from 1963 to 1995 reaching a production number 60755.
The haemmerli 150 is out of production as well but is a far cry from the production number of the TOZ.
As such spare parts should be less of an issue for the TOZ.
Both are one stage triggers.
In my shooting club both pistols are used. I shoot the haemmerli. The original grip was too big for my hand (which made it difficult to pull the trigger in a consistent, repeatable way - so I got a blank grip which I fitted to my hand (I have more the hands of an hamster surgeon..).

The haemmerli has an easy dry-firing mechanism, I am not sure regarding the TOZ. The trigger weight for both pistols can be varied between zero to three ounces.
I used Remington target as ammo (which surprised almost everybody..) but a recent test which I performed suggests that RWS Rifle Match as a slightly better choice - and still affordable (ELEY Tenex has close groups as well but the cost...)
Ted

Post by Ted »

I want to clarify my statement above. By 'clone' I meant a copy. I assume since he said '105' that he was referring to the earlier Hammerli's which as I understand the Russians did use as a basis for the design of the TOZ-35. If the guest meant the Hammerli 150 and not 105 then indeed, it is quite a different pistol in design. Also, the Toz can dry fired.