My Cat's opinion of Styer rifles .

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

cdf

My Cat's opinion of Styer rifles .

Post by cdf »

I was getting my gear together prepartory to a trip to the range , rifle case open on the floor . My old male kitty must have thought it was a new fangled cat box . He proceeded to pee in the box . Fortunatly he missed all the areas where cat piss could do any real damage , just got the bloop tube and stock .

Fortunatly I have a spare case , the original is drying as we speak .

I guess he felt shortchanged over his gifts .

Chris
BOOKER

Post by BOOKER »

Now it will be more accurate.
Tony C.

Cat's opinion about AR

Post by Tony C. »

I think your cat have seen those lusty eyes of yours gawking at the FWB catalog Shrek brought back from Germany, he is reminding you, in order to be sucessful in shooting sport, one must be faithful to thier shooting iron, without you, your rifle is nothing, without your rifle, you are nothing, you must shoot your rifle true! Or your cat will keep peeing on it until you come to your senses.

BTW, under no circumstance you are allow to bring that cat pee gun case into the airgun range when we are shooting, leave it outside! Please!!

Tony
120mm

Post by 120mm »

Cats and shooting are a natural combination.
peepsight

Cats

Post by peepsight »

Hi CDf

This is so ironic, i have a Steyr LG100 and every time i open the case, my cat has to go to sleep in it. No pee, but hair every where.
I used a Vac to get the hair out. She is banned now from going near but still tries when i'm not looking.

Peepsight
cdf

Post by cdf »

It may have been an anointing rather than a desecration , I had a pretty good practice with some pretty repectable groups ( by my standards ) . I'll consider renting out his services to other aspiring rifle shooters . I have discovered the deffinative way to make cat furniture , load a gear bag with 3-5000 $ worth of swag , cats will sleep on it in preference to all else .

Chris
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

This whole line of discussion has made me nervous. Cats, shooting, I've already thought of too many sarcastic replies to use this week.

Later

Mike
Wichita KS
rfwhatley

Cat Pee - Bad Boogie

Post by rfwhatley »

CDF -
I have a friend with a classic 1953 Vincent motorcycle worth maybe $20,000. While it was parked at a shop for repairs, the shop owner's cat "marked" the chrome rims and a couple of other choice spots. At the time he laughed and washed it off with a garden hose.

Not much was thought about it until a couple of months later when chrome, painted surfaces, a polished aluminum that had been "marked" started to corrode VERY badly. Both chrome wheel rims ended up needing to be replaced.

It turns out that cat urine is highly corrosive. That compound will stay on the metal until it is washed off with warm soapy water. The urine in the tote cusions will stay in the foam and start to etch the metal it comes into contact with whenever humidity levels get high.

It sounds like a joke, but let me encourage you to actively take steps to disassemble and remove all traces of the pet urine before the resale value of your rifle is ruined by severe pitting that will make it look like it lived outdoors!

RFW