RINK Grips

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shadow

RINK Grips

Post by shadow »

I am ordering RINK grips for a Free Pistol. My measurement falls between two sizes. For those of you who have RINK grips, did you find them on the small or large size? Should I buy the smaller size and remove wood if necessary or buy the larger size and putty up the gaps?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Based on only one experience, they run small. Check with Larry Carter first, but I think he'll say the same.

HTH,
FredB
CraigE

Rink Grip

Post by CraigE »

Shadow,

I have several exposures to Rink grip sizing. My AP had med. RH Rink on it when I bought it from our host. My hand size according to the chart borders on med/large. I am able to open the grip adjustment on the palm shelf all the way and it works fine. I ordered the large RH grip and am able to use it with the same level of comfort/reliability almost fully closed in adjustment. My free pistol has med. RH Rink. I needed to remove the pad at the top of the grip and open the palm section to the max, but it is now just about perfect. I am of the opinion that the grips tend to run on the small size and depending on your physical requirements, I would suggest moving the larger size. I believe that, although my hand measures near large, I have somewhat shorter fingers and that is why the medium grips can also work for me. Hope this background points you to a decision that works for you. It is most important to analyze your particular hand for the significant features. With all that, I believe that the Rinks are THE way for me to have grips on pistols. FWIW

Happy Holidays,

CraigE
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

If your hand is on the borderline of two sizes go for the bigger one.

They are great grips.

Mikey
dam8

Post by dam8 »

My brothers got a set of Rinks on his S&W 41. I'll agree with earlier posts go for the larger size.
joels

short fingers

Post by joels »

If I have rather short fingers and my hand size falls between small and medium (closer to small) - should I still go for the medium size
Thanks
CraigE

Rink Grip

Post by CraigE »

Joel,

Based on my experience but with borderline between med/large and shorter fingers, the larger size will work very well. You should consider the med. grip.

CraigE