AP/FP grips

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
hspepke

AP/FP grips

Post by hspepke »

Is there a restriction on the configuration of Air Pistol grips? It seems to me that the grips on Free Pistols are more ideally shaped for steady and repeatable hold. Reference the grip on the TOZ35 in our hosts For Sale section.

Steve
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Air Pistol grips have the same restrictions as Sport and Standard Pistol. ex: Grips no more than 50mm wide, heel shelf can't curve upward to encircle the hand, etc.
hspepke

Post by hspepke »

Thanks. I guess "encircle the hand" isn't necessarily all the way around.

Steve
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

hspepke wrote:Thanks. I guess "encircle the hand" isn't necessarily all the way around.

Steve
More than that - the grip may not come past 90 degrees (rules 8.16.9 and 8.17.0 at http://www.issf-shooting.org/rules/engl ... 5_2nd.html)

There is a difference to the 25M rules in that there is no 30 mm restriction for Air Pistol

Spencer
hspepke

Post by hspepke »

Well, I guess I won't be grooving the heel plate to stop it pinching my hand, but a radius on the back edge looks legal. Thanks, Spencer.
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Steve[/quote]

There is a difference to the 25M rules in that there is no 30 mm restriction for Air Pistol

Spencer[/quote]

Are you referring to the cover for the non-aiming eye? If so, what genious thought that one up? I would think it would be the other way around. You need more protection using cartridge firearms than air pistols!

Paul
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

pgfaini wrote:Are you referring to the cover for the non-aiming eye? If so, what genious thought that one up? I would think it would be the other way around. You need more protection using cartridge firearms than air pistols!
They want you to look nice on the video :-)
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

pgfaini wrote:
Are you referring to the cover for the non-aiming eye? If so, what genious thought that one up? I would think it would be the other way around. You need more protection using cartridge firearms than air pistols!

Paul
I believe he's referring to the amount of overhang of the pistol over the web of the thumb. There's no difference in the eye blinder and yep it was apparently introduced to help the TV aspects of the sport.

Rob.