Trigger shoe adjustment

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JohnL

Trigger shoe adjustment

Post by JohnL »

I have developed bad AP trigger control and need to go back to basics to relearn some good habits. My trigger shoe position can be changed forward-backward, angled around the post AND moved up and down. Like probably most people do, I have had the forward-backward position adjusted so that my index finger moves straight back once I hit the second stage, but what about the other positions? Is there any advantage to angling the trigger shoe? I tried turning it a bit towards the right (I am right-handed) and it felt pretty good, but I am concerned that I might develop a tendency to push the trigger to the left. How about the up-down position? I can think of two strategies: if the shoe is as low as possible, the index finger will be more parallel with the rest of the fingers, which may promote an easier true rearward motion. The potential drawback that I can see would be that the index finger may then start carrying part of the weight of the pistol, which would result in a muzzle drop when the shot breaks. That would lead to the conclusion that the trigger shoe should be as high up as possible. How about shape and size of the trigger shoe? Are there variations out there used for AP? I’d be very interested in hearing any opinions beyond “do what works for you”?
GaryBF

Post by GaryBF »

John,
In my opinion, you answered your own question. We are all built differently, e.g. hand size, finger length, etc. I will be very surprised if anyone here will give you the specific advice you seek. It really is up to you alone. You paid for those adjustments-try them.