Standard Handgun & 10m Standard Pistol (BPC)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JulianY

Standard Handgun & 10m Standard Pistol (BPC)

Post by JulianY »

On the BPC website (http://www.britishpistolclub.org/) it list entry requirements for associate membership. I see two dicaplins i have never seen before both under the "ISSF" headin.

"standard handgun" with an entry level of 540.
"10m Standard Pistol" with an entry leve of 520

Standard pistol is listed seperatly with a different entry of 520.

I can find either in the ISSF rules, what are these events?

Julian
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Standard handgun is sport / centre fire with airguns.

Std pistol is the 40 shot ISSF event (that's the only one they shoot at 10M).
Look at their Jan open entry form, that has more details as I recall.

Rob.
Rwpowell

Post by Rwpowell »

In the UK Men used to shoot the Womens Sport Pistol (now 25M Pistol) event using a .22" Pistol and the event was called Standard Handgun, some also shot the Center Fire event which is the same course of fire. As you are aware all of these events are now shot using Air pistols, the Center Fire event is shot using a 1360g trigger. As Rob states the 10m Standard is the ISSF
event, the 10m Rapid Fire is our own event using the same timings, rules, and commands of the 25m event but shot at 10m using proportionally scaled targets available from Edelmann and Kruger.

Bob
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Rwpowell wrote: As you are aware all of these events are now shot using Air pistols, the Center Fire event is shot using a 1360g trigger.
Bob
Sadly I am aware, I became an expat before the new law came in, an I was shocked to find out that it had.

I Guess that I should consider my self privileged because don't have those constrictions. However it does become a worry. suppose i want to shoot standard pistol. So hear and across Europe I HAVE to use a 22 but in the uk I HAVE to use and AP. it's ironic , I should not complain but i do feel a bit penalised if i shoot in the UK, i not only to use an unusual weapon, let alone have to go out an buy one, I know Harry Preston and what hes has done to get a realistic pistol and thank god for him But..... and Yes I am sure there are hundred of UKa shooter that would give their eye teeth to be in my position.

The sad thing is i am sure the GB team feel the same way when they step over the channel.

JY
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Julian, re the European training, we just get on with it! No point in dwelling on the past or what may or should have been.

The are now several short LP50 pistols in the UK and numbers are growing as soon as the factory can produce them, demand is high from junior and senior Ladies Sport Pistol shooters. Harry has done an excellent job on the 1000g trigger and you can add weights to obtain the same balance as the cartridge guns. Several shooters with standard LP5/LP50 pistols are trying out the shorter versions over the next few months. A good bundle of short cylinders is required as the number of shots is obviously less than a standard cylinder.

As Bob mentions, the BPC has a 10m Rapid Fire event with correct timings, correctly scaled target and range commands. This will standardise the plethora of timings and target diagrams shot that has left competitors never quite sure of what they will be aiming at or their exposure times. As well as an exciting event, this event provides a training opportunity for the winter and encourage others to venture onto shoot at 25m in the warmer months!