Mass target gun exemptions

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Greg

Mass target gun exemptions

Post by Greg »

The GCAB Gun Control Advisory Board met on 12/13 and accepted the language as written that will exempt target guns from the "drop" test regs as well as some others. There is a "public comment" period which follows and hopefully within the first couple of months of '07 we will be good to go. This is year seven since I first filed the bill. Thank you all for the support. Greg
TargetTerror

Post by TargetTerror »

Nice job Greg! Being from Massachusetts, this means quite a lot to me.

Now you just have to work on letting us order ammo from the web more freely :)
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Yes, thanks for all your work on this, Greg. My wife and I have both been lobbying our legislators for years to get this through. Glad to see it finally made it. I just wish the thing would finally go into effect.

As for the mailorder ammo ban, that's mostly the Attorney General's doing, and I don't see the new AG doing anything to reverse the status quo. If anything, I suspect she's worse than the old one as far as shooters are concerned.
frnkcrly

Link to exemption?

Post by frnkcrly »

This is good news that I was unaware of. Can you point me to a link that cantains the language of the exemption? Thanks
greg d

target bill

Post by greg d »

Doug, et al: We are close. As for the new AG she has said publicly that she does not see a real "gun problem" Just a crime problem. Her husband is a gun owner, but you know polital speak.

GOAL.org should have the language on their site. I am in the car and will try to post the MGL # when in the shop later. Greg Derr
dam8

Post by dam8 »

i also havebeen lobbying my legeslators for this. Thanks Greg for all your efforts