Canadian Pistol Scam

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
R.M.

Canadian Pistol Scam

Post by R.M. »

I'm going to try and keep this short in order to avoid anybody skipping over it.
Back in the summer, a friend and fellow shooter here in the Denver area, ran across an MG2 for sale from a fellow in B.C. Doug asked me what I thought and did I know this guy. I had never heard of him, so I contacted another shooter that I knew from B.C. to see what he thought.
To try and make a long story short, Doug sent this Dave Bullock a money order, and hasn't heard a peep from him since. He seems to be purposely ignoring any e-mails sent to him.
This has gone on way too long. I would like to warn anybody that might run across an MG2 for sale by this Dave Bullock from British Columbia, that this guy is a scammer and in my mind a thief.
I don't know what Doug intends to do, if anything, but it bothers me to no end.

R.M.
Ernie Rodriguez

Money Orders Transactions

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

I sympathize with the situation,but there are always unethical people out there and always a risk in doing things like this.However,a friend on mine told me whenever you send a money through the mail ALWAYS send a Post Office Money Order.This way if anything happens with the transaction-the Govt agencies are involved.I believe he was correct.Ernie

Post by Guest »

Good advice from Ernie. Unfortunately, this would not have been helpful in an international setting.

Re: Canadian Pistol Scam

Post by Guest »

R.M. wrote: hasn't heard a peep from him since. He seems to be purposely ignoring any e-mails sent to him.
This has gone on way too long. R.M.
How long is too long??
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

4 or 5 months
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Something similar happened to me with a weasel in a small town out west. I contacted the local PD, and they paid him a visit. The item (a knife) arrived shortly thereafter. Maybe Doug should try to have the local authorities pay Dave Bullock a visit? He could tell them he's worried because he's not getting any response, and thinks something untoward may have happened to him.
Richard Newman

Scam

Post by Richard Newman »

R.M.
Did your friend mail the MO to a street address or a PO Box? If he has a street address, hecan find a phone number on the internet on any of the many phone directories there. Get to them by way of Yahoo Reference, for example. If a PO Box, he may have a real problem. Was the MO cashed? If not, there may be a mail problem.
Given Canadian gun laws, if you call the local police and mention a firearm, I can almost guarantee they will check it out. You may or may not get the gun, but I am sure the police will check it out.
Richard Newman
P.S. I used to live in Evergreen for several years. Great country. If I ever retire I may go back to the Rockies.
RN
D Bullock

NO pistol scam

Post by D Bullock »

This whole matter is due to a communication breakdown........after realizing the complications involved in selling to the US I emailed Doug that I needed to refund his money but had lost his mailing address and to please send it to me......this was months ago and I haven't heard from him since even though i believe he had my phone number and mailing address (besides my email address).......the only communication I have had was a few weeks ago from a fellow up here who knows Doug and I expected Doug to get ahold of me which he hasn't ..........so PLEASE, someone get Doug to email me his correct mailing address to get this matter straightened out.......thanks, DB
shadow

Dave Bullock

Post by shadow »

It would be quite easy if you listed your email addressin your post on Target Talk.
Richard H

Re: Dave Bullock

Post by Richard H »

shadow wrote:It would be quite easy if you listed your email addressin your post on Target Talk.
Maybe he doesn't want an inbox full of spam. That said he could easily pm R.M. and give him the info to pass along to his friend.
D Bullock

Cdn pistol scam

Post by D Bullock »

Doug has gotten ahold of me with a return address to return the funds to........I hope this will resolve this matter as it was purely unfortunate thru a communication error and any inference to a "scam", ny name being dragged thru the mud, or for that matter the association of my country with this should be stopped immediately........thanks, DB
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

I'm glad to see that you have finally gotten around to look after this matter.
It would seem reasonable to me that it could have been straightened up a lot quicker than it did.
As for " the association of my country", this matter embarrassed me to no end, as I am Canadian also, and it made Canadian shooters look bad.
Like I said before, I'm glad to see this resolved, for all of our sakes.

R.M.
Alex12

Message to R.M.

Post by Alex12 »

I dont think this forum should be used to call someone a cheat. I think Doug is lucky that Scott Pilkington didnt jump into to the fray and start to call him a cheat also, like scott did with another another person in this website of his. I learn from that posting not to buy anything from Scott.

To R.M. or who ever your name is, why dont you go and take legal action? instead of dragging people through the mud in this forum? Please state you name so we know what R.M. stands for and who you are.
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

Alex, this was not about dragging anybody's name through the mud. It was about somebody receiving and cashing a money-order for around $1,000.00, and not sending either the gun or the money. He did not respond to numerous e-mails, for one reason or another. All this took place over several months. I would think any reasonable person would be upset if they "thought" they got fleeced out of a thousand dollars.
By posting what I did was to try and flush Mr. Bullock out and get him to do the right thing, which he did, and I have acknowledged this on both forums.
Also, how can you give me a hard time about not using my full name when you don't.

Robert Mumby
Golden, CO
D Bullock

Cdn pistol...NO scam

Post by D Bullock »

OK everyone, enough name calling and conjecturing........it was NOT as simple as "either sending the gun or returning the money", as complications and lengthy formalities needed to be done to send the gun and when asked for a return address to return the funds none was ever sent........whether or not emails were misdierected, deleted as spam,not received or whatever, the matter has now been resolved with an address and return of the funds...............there was never any intention of fleecing, scamming or need to "flush" anything out .......the matter has been resolved and I believe we need not waste any more space or time on this post.....................get back to the subject we all love, shooting............DB
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

Exactly.
Nuff said.
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

I hate to be dragging this thing out, Mr. Bullock, but if you never got a return address, just where in the h*ll were you supposed to ship the gun?

Sounds fishy to me, must be my past career as a big city police officer, has made me skeptical. :>)
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

pgfaini wrote:I hate to be dragging this thing out, Mr. Bullock, but if you never got a return address, just where in the h*ll were you supposed to ship the gun?

Sounds fishy to me, must be my past career as a big city police officer, has made me skeptical. :>)
Actually you didn't hate dragging it out that much, because you did. Who knows, who cares. A bunch of people here whining about something that none of them were actually involved in (I haven't seen the agrieved party here) other than Mr. Bullock.
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Richard H wrote:
pgfaini wrote:I hate to be dragging this thing out, Mr. Bullock, but if you never got a return address, just where in the h*ll were you supposed to ship the gun?

Actually you didn't hate dragging it out that much, because you did. Who knows, who cares. A bunch of people here whining about something that none of them were actually involved in (I haven't seen the agrieved party here) other than Mr. Bullock.
I wouldn't characterize R.M.'s post, which was evidently meant as a "heads up", as whining. You, sir, evidently haven't ever had the trust that using these bulletin boards build up, used to cheat you. You're a lucky fellow!
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

pgfaini wrote:
Richard H wrote:

I wouldn't characterize R.M.'s post, which was evidently meant as a "heads up", as whining. You, sir, evidently haven't ever had the trust that using these bulletin boards build up, used to cheat you. You're a lucky fellow!
Usually I just watch who I buy from.

Also you're making judgements based on less than all the facts, which didn't they teach you in the police force not to do? You've got one side of a story from someone who is not a participant who is passing along something his friend told him so. Also being a former cop I'd think you'd have noticed that no where does it say it was bought from any one on this board.

As for Mr. Mumby's post I wasn't really refering to that as whining he gave a heads up, I was really refering to the rest of the peanut gallery who continues to belabor this event even though they "hate to be dragging this out".