good glove for support hand in standing position

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

coolcruiser

good glove for support hand in standing position

Post by coolcruiser »

Howdy Folks
My preferred standing position uses a closed fist to support my rifle. My old glove does not give me the wrist support that I would like. Does anyone have a good glove to recommend that might help keep my wrist from bending unecessarily? Currently it takes some muscle effort to avoid bending my wrist and that can lead to tremors for longer matches and the very undesirable fliers that follow.
TIA
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

My Gehmann is pretty stiff in the wrist.
dgold

Post by dgold »

7.4.9.6.2 (ISSF rule)
The glove must not extend more than 50 mm above the wrist measured
from the center of the wrist knuckle (Shooting Gloves). Any strap or
other closure device at the wrist is prohibited. However, a portion of the
wrist may be elasticated to enable the glove to be put on, but it must
leave the glove loose around the wrist.
seemehaha

Post by seemehaha »

i shoot with a palm position and when i was trying on gloves a couple of years ago i tried kurt thune. that thing was damn near impossible to bend how i need it to. i ended up buying a sauer. it's the one with the smooth white plastic. here's a photo:

PedroS

Post by PedroS »

Very nice, solid, good wrist support
Attachments
AHG
AHG
336.jpg (14.93 KiB) Viewed 2961 times
TargetShootingShop.com

Post by TargetShootingShop.com »

Another vote for the Thermo-Star but its pricey

Ryan
Intershoot
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

[quote="seemehaha"]i shoot with a palm position and when i was trying on gloves a couple of years ago i tried kurt thune. that thing was damn near impossible to bend how i need it to. i ended up buying a sauer. it's the one with the smooth white plastic. here's a photo:

That looks like it was designed for prone shooting only, where the handstop keeps your hand from sliding.
Roys14

Post by Roys14 »

I shoot in the same position you do and I use a kurt thune glove.
http://www.brenzovich.com/ktgloves.htm
seemehaha

Post by seemehaha »

Jose Rossy wrote:That looks like it was designed for prone shooting only, where the handstop keeps your hand from sliding.
i don't think so because i know several people who use that style glove especially shooting with the fist.
coolcruiser

glove found

Post by coolcruiser »

Well after a search and some study I ended up buying an Anschutz 101 glove at Champion Shooters Supply. This glove seems to work in that it provides some wrist support and is a good fit for my hand. At $50 it is a reasonable price. My only complaint is the blue leather. My FWB has a red Aluminum stock and the blue clashes. On the web sight the glove is red but the kind lady at CSS explained to me that AHG sends the glove in colors as they choose :<(
Oh well...if it helps me keep em in the ten ring...even blue is good!
coolcruiser

another glove

Post by coolcruiser »

Update FWIW...the Anschutz 101 glove helped me with my offhand wrist support but there was a problem with prone. The damn thing had a seam under the lining at the base of the thumb that hurt like hell when I was tightly slinged up in prone. I just bought a Creedmore 115 that has a one piece rubber pad across the thumb and palm. It is stiffer than I would normally use but it provides excellent wrist support (my original quest) and it does so without painful seams under the thumb. In the "Ways of the Rifle" a comment is made about painful glove seams. Since I had never experienced the problem with previous gloves the comment seemed odd but now I understand! The Anschutz glove is disappointingly uncomfortable.
tyler_444

Re: another glove

Post by tyler_444 »

coolcruiser wrote:Update FWIW...the Anschutz 101 glove helped me with my offhand wrist support but there was a problem with prone. The damn thing had a seam under the lining at the base of the thumb that hurt like hell when I was tightly slinged up in prone. I just bought a Creedmore 115 that has a one piece rubber pad across the thumb and palm. It is stiffer than I would normally use but it provides excellent wrist support (my original quest) and it does so without painful seams under the thumb. In the "Ways of the Rifle" a comment is made about painful glove seams. Since I had never experienced the problem with previous gloves the comment seemed odd but now I understand! The Anschutz glove is disappointingly uncomfortable.

Make your own, thats what i did. Elk skin and a cut up leather work glove, works like a 40$ manufactured Glove.... This really aint a cheap sport at all.
n1heu

Post by n1heu »

http://www.championshooters.com

I use the Champion Shooters model 210. good support, comfortable seams, reasonably priced.
Attachments
210glove_f45_250w.jpg
210glove_f45_250w.jpg (7.53 KiB) Viewed 2381 times