Hammerli SP20 magazines

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
bummer7

Hammerli SP20 magazines

Post by bummer7 »

I thought I saw a thread regarding Hammerli SP20 and 280 magazines being interchangeable. Does anyone remember what was said about this? I searched the archive but did not find the thread or information relating to same. Would appreciate any information you may have on the subject.
TIA
Steve
greblleM

Post by greblleM »

They are interchangable. I have a 280 and some of the members in my club have SP20 and we can use each others magazines without any trouble. Actually they look exactly the same and I think they in fact ARE exactly the same. :)
Both .22lr and .32 will work.
bummer7

Post by bummer7 »

Thanks for the information. My next question is why is there a price difference between magazines for the 280 and SP20? If the magzines are interchangeable for both 22 and 32, is there somehing I'm not seeing or a feature that warrants a higher price?
greblleM

Post by greblleM »

There is!??! Haha, I didn't know that. Well.. buy the cheapest one in that case. :)
Mike Taylor

SP20/H280 Magazines

Post by Mike Taylor »

My 280 magazines are blued steel. My SP20 magazines are either chrome-plated or stainless steel (can't immediately tell which). The latter finishes might command a premium price over blued steel.
greblleM

Post by greblleM »

Mine are stainless steel-something.
bummer7

Post by bummer7 »

That's probably the price difference between the two. Blue vs stainless (or chrome plated).
Swiss

Re: Hammerli SP20 magazines

Post by Swiss »

Hi. I read this thread with interest. I am trying to get hold of Hammerli 280 / SP20 magazines. Do you know where I can buy them from please? Thanks. Peter.
j danielsson

Re: Hammerli SP20 magazines

Post by j danielsson »

They are identical to each other and to gsp 500 aswell.