What are the top RF shooters using these days?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mike M.

What are the top RF shooters using these days?

Post by Mike M. »

I just thought I'd ask....what are the top RF shooters using since the switchover? I know that there is the Pardini, and that the Russian shooters are using guns that we Americans can't get, and that the guns with the recoil reduction systems aren't working out due to the longer recoil impulse....but have the distinct impression that matters are still unsettled.

With FP, it's Morini, Toz, and Other. With AP, it's Morini, Steyr, and Other.

But how is RF shaping up? Inquiring minds want to know....
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Have a look on the ISSF website and watch some of the RF matches. The ones I made out were the two you mentioned, albeit Schumans slightly modified Pardini.

Rob.
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Mike, I've been away for a while. What switchover are you referring to? Has there been a change in the rules I should know about?

Thanks, Paul
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

.22 Short is out; .22 LR is in (with minimum velocity specifications a la IPSC/IDPA).

Steve
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Steve Swartz wrote:.22 Short is out; .22 LR is in (with minimum velocity specifications a la IPSC/IDPA).
And the pistol specification is now the same as Standard Pistol and 25m Pistol i.e. no ported barrels or back-bar grips, 1000g minimum trigger.
Patrick Haynes

Pardini SP Electronic Rapidfire Pistol

Post by Patrick Haynes »

From what I've seen, the Pardini SP Electronic Rapidfire pistol is the pistol of choice at world cups. The barrel is slightly over-bored, so there is less drag on the bullet. It allows the round to have less powder (and less recoil) but it has a larger grouping down range. Its a great rapidfire pistol, but is not recommended for Sport or Standard, because it doesn't perform well on the precision targets. If you're going to shoot multiple events, get the "standard" standard pistol.

And yes, the electronic trigger is reliable. Let's not open that can of worms again.

You still see a variety of other guns, even the MG, but from a percentage standpoint, of the newer models: Pardini.

Best regards.
Patrick Haynes