Trigger setting 10m AP

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
derekm

Post by derekm »

I guess it may well be between the ears! My present train of thought is that possibly with a single stage, not too short, train the brain to keep pulling at the trigger to a surprise break and concentrate conscious thought on the front sight. In my brain, when I get to the second stage of a two stage, I seem to expect and anticipate the break.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

derekm wrote:My present train of thought is that possibly with a single stage, not too short, train the brain to keep pulling at the trigger to a surprise break .....
Derek, that could possibly be the way of shooting most suitable for you, everyone is different.

It would be a shame however to discard a 2 stage trigger without checking if you are "doing it right" (whatever that may be).

Are you a member of a local club or are you "going it alone". Is there any way that you can get a session with a coach. Most clubs in the UK will hopefully have a club instructor, or at least be able to point you at one.
derekm

Post by derekm »

Yes I am in a club, David, but it is a rifle club and also a little parochial! There are only a few guys doing pistol and I think they have evolved over the years, are way past their initial learning stage and "get on with the job" without thinking too much of the hows and whys. I am experimenting and trying to find out and understand how it all works (maybe a bit too much), before I get too set in my (wrong?) ways.
David M

Post by David M »

Hi David
The early 162 (15 volt) you could get a small second stage using the travel in the microswitch spring (old style 'make' switch), and a softish roll feel.
The later morini you cannot get anywhere near this travel because the switch is a 'break' switch, a very small amount is possible but it is not the feel of the old trigger.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

derekm wrote:Yes I am in a club, David, but it is a rifle club and also a little parochial! There are only a few guys doing pistol and I think they have evolved over the years, are way past their initial learning stage and "get on with the job" without thinking too much of the hows and whys. I am experimenting and trying to find out and understand how it all works (maybe a bit too much), before I get too set in my (wrong?) ways.
Derek,
If you can't find anyone locally then consider going down to Bisley for one of Tom Redheads 'basic pistol' courses. You will need to be a member of the NSRA, if you aren't already but I can thoroughly recommend that and the advanced course.

Another alternative is to contact the GBTSF and ask them for the name of a coach in your area. They now administer the training of shooting coaches so should be able to point you in the right direction.

Rob.
derekm

Post by derekm »

Thanks for the advice Rob, I'll have to look into it.