Beginner Smallbore Rifles

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

SRichieR

Beginner Smallbore Rifles

Post by SRichieR »

Our club is looking at purchasing a few smallbore rifles for beginner to intermediate level shooters. These rifles would be used mostly for new shooters coming into the club. As always, funds are limited. I would like ambidextrous stocks. The rifles have to be currently available. Any body got a recommendation?
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

A new rifle from Savage looks pretty good. I have one but have not yet tested it for accuracy. The trigger is great. Retail is around $350 with adjustable peep sights but I am told that the company may be selling these direct to junior clubs for about 1/2 price.

Mark II - FVT w/Accu Trigger
item 28800 from Davidson's
http://www.galleryofguns.com/gungallery ... Search.asp

Savage's site is not working right now for some reason
randy1952

USA Shooting Team CM2 22LR

Post by randy1952 »

The Baikal CM2 or better yet the USA Shooting Team CM2 22LR would be a good buy. Right now Dave's Guns has them for $499 and they come complete with sight and a rail. The only problem is that they have only one left in stock and don't know if they plan on getting more. The also have the regular CM2 target rifle for $439.
TWP

Post by TWP »

Mac Tilton has them listed for $425.

http://www.mtguns.com/cm-2.htm
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

PaulB writes
A new rifle from Savage looks pretty good.
As a coach that has kids shooting Position Rifle, the only downside to the Savage is that mag hanging underneath, and no rail on the bottom.

I have kids that shoot a "similar" rifle (Remington 513T), and we ditch the mag, load single shot, but I sure wish it had a rail.
SRichieR

Post by SRichieR »

I've seen the CM2 and like them, but, they the stocks are right hand only.
Lee Sellers - Guest

Post by Lee Sellers - Guest »

The problems with Mac's site is that it has not been updated in three years. You need to call directly to find stock and prices.