which rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Roys14

which rifle

Post by Roys14 »

I have a debate going in my tiny little pea brain FWB700uni. or anshutz? whats good about either of them? what's the bad side? everyone in my club shoots FWB, I've never really looked at anshutz.
Richard H

Re: which rifle

Post by Richard H »

Roys14 wrote:I have a debate going in my tiny little pea brain FWB700uni. or anshutz? whats good about either of them? what's the bad side? everyone in my club shoots FWB, I've never really looked at anshutz.
Then why would you think about an Anshutz as opposed to a Walther, Tesro, Hammerli, Steyr, ect if you've never really looked at one.
TargetShootingShop.com

Post by TargetShootingShop.com »

Everyone in my club shoots Anschutz, with the odd Walther.

Truth is they are all very good, I'd be happy with Anschutz, FWB or Walther definately. The Walther is usually a bit easier on the pocket, the FWB I've heard is a very good rifle and I've never had a problem wth my Anschutz and the service support network should you need it is excellent.

You will pay a little more for Anschutz and to be honest you might not get much more rifle for the extra cash but it doesn;t stop people (including me) shooting them.

Ryan
Intershoot
Roys14

Post by Roys14 »

i think walther & tethro are to intense for my price range, and I've looked at steyr and I really didnt like it. I'd narrowed my selections down between FWB and ans. but I really havn't looked at ans rifle models
BOOKER

Post by BOOKER »

From a happy owner of a FWB 700 UNIVERSAL I will say go for it, but you really can't go wrong with either.
I think the difference on this level of guns is some sort of "personal preference".

My 2 cents.
xcrunner8k

Post by xcrunner8k »

there is definitely a personal preference involved... i shoot an anschutz 1913 for smallbore and FWB C60 (P70 except with CO2 instead of compressed air) for air rifle. i picked up someone's hammerli ar-50 pro and pretty much fell in love with it. i really think it has the feel of an anschutz and it goes for $1500-1800 brand new with sights... i would add that one to your prospective list as well.

i really don't think there is much of a quality difference once you get up to the really good rifles... a lot of people were skeptical about the steyr until thomas farnik shot the world record with it
Roys14

Post by Roys14 »

I'll check out the hammerli
Joe66

Two FWB 600 for sale

Post by Joe66 »

Champion’s Choice has 2 used FWB 600 in excellent condition for sale.
You need to call them up and ask about it.
peepsight

Which air rifle

Post by peepsight »

Hi Roy

I'm sure as most of us do make descisions on looks rather than performance. Its only human nature.

To quote the MEC publication 'Ways Of The The Rifle' when selecting your rifle/air rifle, you need to see how it feels, how it loads, how the grip feels and how its general handling feels. Some rifles feel pretty alien on first pickup and others feel like it was made for you.
If you have a local dealer that can let you try out several different makes on the 'shop' range even better.

All the top makes of air rifle will out perform you and its a wee bit academic as to which one you choose. Some have reputations good and bad but i suspect that any reputation is more than likely unfounded.

I shoot a Steyr but it s not necessarily the right gun for you!!

Currently here in Europe, the FWB, Anschutz and to a lesser extent Walther seem to be the favourites. Steyr however are catching up. Hammerlie seem to be out of favour but it does not mean it is no good!

Peepsight