Picking a Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Fred wrote:
Richard H wrote: Is this not true?

"Morini is a man that gave to target shooting many new innovations such as: the first precompressed airgun, customized anatomical grips, and the electronic trigger. " ( Quote taken from the Matchguns web site)
It's my impression that Hammerli came out with the first modern precompressed air target pistol. At least the Hammerlis got to the USA first. And, by the way, some of the very earliest airguns ever made used a precompressed air power source.

FredB
I agree, I never thought of that most of the 17th century air guns were precompresses. That would make Cesare very old ;)
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Richard H wrote:
Francesco wrote:
cdf wrote:The Morini has the better trigger of the two , the Styer has more dampening of firing impulse . The Matchguns and the SAM are both Morini designs , I dont know about service and support for these , the 162e is well supported in North America , as is the Styer , I disrecall where you are from .
I prefere you don't mix SAM and Match Guns with Morini design. They are not the same and have nothing to do with the Morini CM 162EI.
Thanks
Is this not true?

"Morini is a man that gave to target shooting many new innovations such as: the first precompressed airgun, customized anatomical grips, and the electronic trigger.
After many years of working with the company Morini competition arms, and SAM in Lugano, Switzerland, Cesare Morini came back to Italy to start a new company named MATCHGUNS. " ( Quote taken from the Matchguns web site)

Was Cesare Morini not involved with the design of the 162 Air Pistol? This is not for arguements sake I really would like to know.
What is written here is partially true. Only the anatomical grips we can say is true but electronic and precompessed air valves comes from other patents where Cesare was not involved and partially involved on the 162. My question is if he was really so much involved why Anschutz M10, SAM and MAtchguns have so much problems?
Most of the problem are in the precompressed air valves. If he is the inventor of the precompressed air pistols why the last 3 are not working?
In any case we was the first 1991 to come out with the precompressed air pistol. Hämmerli went out 1.5 year after. Hämmerli was also not the first on the USA market, I remembered very well the first 162E we sended to Don end of 1991.

My intention is only to separate the brand name not to create confusion, you can't immagine how many e-mails I recive for fixing SAM pistols or at competition for fixing Anschutz M10.
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Francesco, Does Morini have any plans for converting the older 15V 162E pistols to use the 1.5V batteries should Varta stop making the 15V.? I imagine it would involve replacing the solenoid?
Grazzi, Paul
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

We started long time ago to offer the change. You can send us grip, electronic and trigger unit old 15V and we change with new grip, electronc and trigger unit 1.5V. The price depends on the piece you send back. If we can use for spare parts or not. There is no information from batteries manufacturer on stopping production of 15V batteries.
cdf

Post by cdf »

Francesco , I was trying as tactfully as possible to steer the young lady away from SAM and Matchguns , and towards the 162 ( whatever flavor ) . The reason being somewhat questionable support / service of the SAM and Matchguns products . To my direct knowledge , support on your products is excellent in both Canada and the U.S. . I would assume that applies even more forcefully in Europe , and the U.K. .

Chris
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

cdf wrote:Francesco , I was trying as tactfully as possible to steer the young lady away from SAM and Matchguns , and towards the 162 ( whatever flavor ) . The reason being somewhat questionable support / service of the SAM and Matchguns products . To my direct knowledge , support on your products is excellent in both Canada and the U.S. . I would assume that applies even more forcefully in Europe , and the U.K. .

Chris
It was only to separate the name Morini from the factories. No problem for me
dam8

Post by dam8 »

Alexsis, and cdf, I also found myself in the same place about 2 yrs. ago. I decided on the Steyr lp1. Soon after couriosity got the best of me and a 162 ei joined my Steyr. I have to keep both as I shoot both equally well ( some days one better than the other) Besides If someone asked me to decide...my head might blow up :-)
alexisj

Picking a Pistol

Post by alexisj »

Hi,

I am close to picking now. However, does anyone know how I can buy a Morini in New Zealand or directly from the factory. I am having no luck in terms of responses from the email address on their website. Steyr are winning at the moment, because at least I got a reply.

Regards, Alexis

PS: I am a guy :)
cdf

Post by cdf »

dam8 wrote:Alexsis, and cdf, I also found myself in the same place about 2 yrs. ago. I decided on the Steyr lp1. Soon after couriosity got the best of me and a 162 ei joined my Steyr. I have to keep both as I shoot both equally well ( some days one better than the other) Besides If someone asked me to decide...my head might blow up :-)

You have hit the nail right on the head , it's like comparing great quisine , fine wines , and beautiful women .

Chris
Richard H

Re: Picking a Pistol

Post by Richard H »

alexisj wrote:Hi,

I am close to picking now. However, does anyone know how I can buy a Morini in New Zealand or directly from the factory. I am having no luck in terms of responses from the email address on their website. Steyr are winning at the moment, because at least I got a reply.

Regards, Alexis

PS: I am a guy :)
If you are having a hard time trying to buy one that might tell you something there, such as how easy will it be to get support for it in your location.
alexisj

Re: Picking a Pistol

Post by alexisj »

Richard H wrote:
If you are having a hard time trying to buy one that might tell you something there, such as how easy will it be to get support for it in your location.
True. But being so far afield means this pretty much applies to any pistol, so why not go for the best?
cdf

Post by cdf »

You might be able to find dealers in the land of Aus. , I would try Gehman in Germany (www.gehmann.com ) . Their are dealers in the UK who might be able to help . Warren Potter , who is connected to our host , knows the situation downunder pretty well .

BTW , the Anchutz LP@ is pretty much the same as a Styer , their dealers should be able to support either . They may also be more common .

As I understand NZ law ( as a transplanted Kiwi ) , AP's are not classified as firearms , ergo importing/exporting shouldn't be too big a problem .

Best of luck ,and lots of tens .

Chris

BTW , if all else fails PM Francesco , he being the Honcho at Morini Competition Arms .