Hand pump to fill LP10

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
CNT

Hand pump to fill LP10

Post by CNT »

Can I use a Logun Eazi-glide high pressure hand pump to charge the air cylinders on an Steyr LP10, Morini 162ei or any of the other top match air pistols? I have the pump and do not have access to a scube tank.
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

Sure -- you might need an adapter but most pumps have 1/8" NPT and are easy to adapt. In the States, Airhog.com or our host Pilkguns.com would be where I would start.

All of these guns fill to 3000psi (200bar) and a hand pump works fine. Some people worry about introducing moisture into the gun but that does not seem to be a real problem unless you live in an area with very high humidity and don't follow the directions to bleed every 50 strokes or so.

Best,

Joe
cnt

Post by cnt »

Thanks for the reply. To expose my ignorance, what is NPT?

My Logun pump came with an air hose. I have never used the hose because I use the pump to charge an AirForce Talon, which has it's own adapter. The pump charges the Talon to 200 BAR, so I know it has the capacity/power to charge an air pistol cylinder.

After buying a Baikal 46M a while back I've really got hooked on 10 meter air pistol and would want to move up to a match grade pistol. I've looked (on line) at the FWB 103 which is also a SSP, but the PCP pistols seem to rule the roost.

So I'm trying to determine what kind of fitting will work with the Steyr et al PCP tanks. I took your advice and emailed Air Hog, but haven't heard back. I did contact Pilkguns earlier and didn't quite understand their reply -- they said I might have to tap and drill, which didn't sound good. I even emailed Steyr re this, but never received a reply.