Which pistol should I get?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
iXac

Which pistol should I get?

Post by iXac »

Hello. I'm Isaac, from Singapore. And I would like to know which pistol is better.

LP10 VS FWB p44

if anyone knows the differences, pros and cons between these pistols. Please, reply me!. Thanks ALOT

Isaac, Captain.
West Spring Shooting Club, Singapore.

Post by Guest »

if you ask me i would say get the lp 10. its more common and so if anything goes wrong more people to ask for help with.
RobStubbs

which one suits you best ?

Post by RobStubbs »

The gun you should get is the one you get on best with. Technically both are very good but only you can tell which one feels better, is best balanced in your hand and that you feel better shooting. And don't rule out all the other makes. You should be buying the best gun for you, which could easily be one of the other makes.

Rob.
Paul Ha

Post by Paul Ha »

I am somewhat new to the current crop of APs myself. But, I read elsewhere that the LP10 is 7+ years old while the P44 is brand new.
I would hope that the FWB's engineers would have had a chance to improve on things a bit. Technology does not stand still and competitions drive improvements.
I would wait 6~9 months to give Steyr a chance to come out with its own new LP; or, for the P44's weaknesses to show up.
Meanwhile, I'm still trying to convince my left hand that its P40 is indeed much easier to shoot than the FWB 65 that was in my right hand.....20+ years ago.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

P44 - Top notch pistol but unproven in internatioal competition
lp10 - in the medals every time issf/olympic

p44 may take over from the lp10 but it's early days.

now that is purely subjective, but i find results are better than opinions. now if Wei Pang, Tan Zongliang or Jakkrit Panichpatikum show to a match with one then heads are realy going to turn.

just my $0.02

JulianY
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Hmmm, interesting thinking going on here... If results matter more than the manufacturer's advertising claims, then perhaps we should look more closely at the results. If you DO happen to take a close look, you'll see that even the trusty Steyr LP-1 (yes, that's a 1, not a 10), which is now 15 years old, is still winning medals at high-level matches.

The most realistic answer is that given by Rob earlier in this string. The one that fits you and feels best in your hand is likely the best pistol for you. I've owned a few now, including LP10, LP1, CM162 long & CM162 short. Having owned these pistols I can say that, while the LP1 is like a magic shooting wand for me, I could NOT shoot the LP10 worth a darn. The guy who bought my LP10 does very well with it, far better than I ever could. The same goes for the CM162 - I loved the feel if the Long model, but after shooting it for a couple of weeks sold it and purchased a Short model, which remains my primary pistol to this day.

How does one explain that I can shoot better with a 162 than with an LP10, despite the rather crude compensator of the 162, its lack of recoil absorber, and it's non-adjustable grip angles? I couldn't answer this question myself, and bought the LP10 first because I figured I needed these features. In the long run what I really needed was a pistol that was not as muzzle-heavy as the LP10, and one with a better trigger. The 162 Short has proven to more closely meet my needs.

You may find that neither the LP10 nor the P44 meet your personal needs. And nobody can advise you what your needs are, so you would do yourself a favour to shoot as many different pistols as you can and then buy the one that fits you best.

Good luck in your shopping!
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Mark,

I cant agree more with you, but when the question comes compare two pieces of hard ware, and there is no reference to the software, I can go on manufactures claims ( which are biased- they want sales ) or results.

Working closely with a marketing department professionally ... I take results. However i do acknowledge that that is statistics!

and yes that says nothing for the software !

JulianY