Pardini's pre-fired?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TSR

Pardini's pre-fired?

Post by TSR »

I bought a new Pardini the other day and was instructed to be sure and clean and oil properly before firing.
When I took it apart I noticed the area (chamber) around the firing pin directly behind the barrel was dirty and gritty as if it had been fired and when moving the firing pin in and out you could feel a small amount of grit. I flushed it all out and cleaned it properly but it left me wondering if these are fired at the factory or if that was some matter left over from the machining process.
Any input would be appreciated.
top end

Post by top end »

I bought a Pardini SP New a little over a year ago - internally it was covered with thick grease (high viscosity oil?) and the remants of the machining process was throughout the gun - ie lots of swarf. A complete strip and clean in kerosene, then the reapplication of a limited amount of oil had the gun up and running to my satisfaction. I did not recieve a test target with the gun, but surmise that a firarm would leave the factory with a test firing to ensure functioning of the mechanism.
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

At least in the USA, new firearms are test fired one time with a SAAMI Proof Cartridge before leaving the factory. The Proof Cartridge is a load that generates significantly higher pressure than the Maximum Average Pressure and is a one-time test.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Same in the UK all guns regardless of type mus be pre fired with aproof cartrage. and if i remember not at the factory but at a testing center.

JulianY
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

Unfortunately mebbe Pardini is getting sloppy-I bought my SP & HP through Nygord years back---these guns were clean, pristine and clean. Prefired target was included with the SP.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Most guns are fired either for 1) proof testing; or now 2) for ballistic registration.

Steve Swartz
TSR

Post by TSR »

Thanks to you all for the help.