Is it worthwhile to upgrade from a fixed-tank Morini CM162?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mike M.

Is it worthwhile to upgrade from a fixed-tank Morini CM162?

Post by Mike M. »

Got a question here....

My current competition AP is an older fixed-tank Morini CM162. No compensator, no porting....just the electronic trigger and grips that I have some questions about due to their circumfrence (I have broad palms, but relatively short fingers)

Is it worthwhile upgrading to a gun with a more modern comp? And perhaps lighter? I find that my arm wears out after ~30 shots.

TIA.
David M

Post by David M »

If the pistol has a fixed tank, then it is at least 7 years old and fitted with the old 15v battery.
There is a conversion kit to convert it to a removable tank pistol.
But because of the cost of it, you would do a lot better by selling or trading it in on a new pistol.
Solve the weight problem by going for the shorter model, and have some wood removed from the grip to fit your hand.
Get someone who knows what he is doing to modify the grip ( don't bugger it yourself).
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,
I did convert my old 162E once. That was a stupid thing to do.
It will not increase in value more than half the cost you put in and it is basically the same gun afterwards. Sell the gun!
If you have short fingers the LP10 will perhaps not be the right gun here.
A short 162MI, the mechanic trigger has a smaller adjustable grip, is better if you like the Morini "family". Other option is a Feinwerkbau P44 but do not take my word for it, few has had the pleasure to shoot a P44.

Kent