AP weight

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jackh

AP weight

Post by jackh »

Any knowledge on making the Hammerli 480k2 overall heavier?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Add weight...
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

I used solder (lead left over from before "lead" became bad) to add some weight at the end of my air tube on my SAM M10. The SAM-supplied weight system tended to make the whole gun heavier rather than just more barrel heavy. Appearance is not great but functionality is great.

Best,

Joe
Fred

Post by Fred »

Is the K2 the one with the "normal" looking straight sided cylinders and not the one with the bulbous cylinders? If so, Sandy Santibanez' film canister/wheel weight idea might work, assuming you can find the right diameter film canister (better hurry - soon there probably won't be any more film or film canisters). Sandy described it at length on Target Talk a while back, so a search should find you the specifics.

HTH,
FredB
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Most AP's have a fair amount of room left over in the official sizing "box". This allows for addition of lead weight in many areas. I like a muzzle-light pistol, so my airguns have lead blocks added on the bottom of the rear-most portion of the grip. This works for me and boosts weight by 40 or 50 grams without too much difficulty. On my LP-1 the weight is held in place with electrical tape (ugly, but functional). On my CM162 and CM-84 I've actually inletted a nut into the palmshelf and drilled a through-hole which accepts a metric screw which also passes through the lead block. These solutions allow me to not only customize the total weight of the pistol but also the centre of gravity. On the CM84 I can put up to 250 grams of lead on the grip if needed.

(But with two bad shoulders, who needs to lift more weight!?!?! LoL)
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Fred wrote:Sandy described it at length on Target Talk a while back, so a search should find you the specifics.
Pilkguns have archived details of Sandy's film canister based weight system.
CraigE

magnets

Post by CraigE »

I have used several pairs of rare-earth magnets (typically available from woodworking catalogs or stores) sold in small blister packs. They match up on either side of the barrel, make no impediment on sight alignment and you can position any numbers of them along any spot of the barrel. They come in several sizes, but the ones about the diameter of a watch battery seem to offer the most flexibility. They leave no traces if you choose to change or not use them. YMMV CraigE
Fred

Re: magnets

Post by Fred »

CraigE wrote:I have used several pairs of rare-earth magnets (typically available from woodworking catalogs or stores) sold in small blister packs. They match up on either side of the barrel, make no impediment on sight alignment and you can position any numbers of them along any spot of the barrel. They come in several sizes, but the ones about the diameter of a watch battery seem to offer the most flexibility. They leave no traces if you choose to change or not use them. YMMV CraigE
And, if you're using a CO2 gun, the magnets increase the gas mileage by 15% ;-)
Spencer

Re: magnets

Post by Spencer »

Fred wrote:
CraigE wrote:I have used several pairs of rare-earth magnets (typically available from woodworking catalogs or stores) sold in small blister packs. They match up on either side of the barrel, make no impediment on sight alignment and you can position any numbers of them along any spot of the barrel. They come in several sizes, but the ones about the diameter of a watch battery seem to offer the most flexibility. They leave no traces if you choose to change or not use them. YMMV CraigE
And, if you're using a CO2 gun, the magnets increase the gas mileage by 15% ;-)
and relieve any arthritic pain the pistol may be suffering

Spencer
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Just make sure you wear your tin foil hat so the aliens don't read your thoughts.
Orson

Contacting Mork

Post by Orson »

Those who know this reference will most likely be the ones with the most need of optical corrections.
Walter Young

Post by Walter Young »

K2 tank is 1 3/8 inches or 34mm.
film canisters don't fit, but there are similar type plastic canisters from paint/art supply stores that will fit it.

The k2 has no gauge.
Tape a couple quarters to the end of the tank.
shadow

Weight

Post by shadow »

I have used stick on automobile wheel weights. They also make similar weights for pine box derby cars. It allows you the play around with the amount and placement of the weights. Once you know what you like you can work on making somethins that is more pleasing to the eye.