walther cp 201

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darrell

walther cp 201

Post by darrell »

i have come across a cp 201 cheep i would like to know a little about these guns i have already looked up co2 on this sight i know some people think co2 is out of date and others will sa that filling is a problem not for me i run a hotel and have plenty of co2 bottles for the beer so that is not a problem and i donot have to buy a diving bottle and i would like to do this cheep becose i am turning to air to train for 25m while it is to cold out side thanks
rogerv

Post by rogerv »

I know nothing about the cp201. Our host has a cp2 for a decent price in the used guns. These are pretty decent pistols (I've owned 2).
darrell

Post by darrell »

the cp 201 has the co2 bottle which hangs at 45° just infront of the trigger
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Darrel - the CP201 is truly a wonderful pistol. It's the next generation to follow the CMP1 (if memory serves me correctly). The CPM 1 has no shroud over the barrel, while the CP201 has a shroud. Otherwise they're very similar in appearance. The CP200 is, I think, the version of the pistol which has a horizontal tank beneath the barrel. It's a matter of personal choice, but for those of us who don't like a pistol which is muzzle-heavy, the CP201 offers the perfect solution by keeping the Co2 reservoir back very close to the trigger.

I've had a chance to shoot the CP201 and can honestly say that if I didn't have a Co2-powered Steyr LP-1 the CP201 would definitely be on my shopping list. If the grip is close to fitting your hand and it's at a reasonable price, I'd say "go for it".

One additional note... If you're thinking of using a beer/soda dispensing Co2 bottle you'll be in for a bit of a surprise as they're designed to provide Co2 GAS. You need LIQUID Co2 so will have to either invert the Co2 bottle or install a "dip tube" or "syphon tube" to draw liquid off the bottom of the tank. For the cost of a Co2 tank that's modified with a dip tube (and the fact that you only need to fill it on a very infrequent basis) you'll likely appreciate having your own Co2 supply at home.
darrell

Post by darrell »

Thanks for the reply mark i will go and see the pistol on thirsday i have already phond walther to see if i can get parts and that seems all ok and aparently the gun has only fired about 130 shots