Walther Lg300Xt sights

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Slowstdy

Walther Lg300Xt sights

Post by Slowstdy »

My Walther open sights have a H & T for up and down which is UP?
I beleve clockwise turn is always down correct!
Cheers
Limey
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

T is up.
H is down.
R is left.
L is right.

--Brian--
Slowstdy

Post by Slowstdy »

Thanks Brian, I thought I had the L & R right. May be i can get better scores now.
Cheers
Limey
isuguncoach

Post by isuguncoach »

never could learn the German for the directions. Easiest way I can understand and teach is Clockwise turn is Down or Left.

Post by Guest »

The T and H stand for Teif and Haupt, Low and High in German. They are not the same as Up and Down on anglophone sights. They are the direction to move if your shots are low or high. So teif is the anti-clockwise UP and Haupt clockwise Down.

The Left and Right are far more confusing as they are marked L and R, but in the same way as elevation L means "if POI is to left" not "move POI left". To englsih speakers to move POI left turn clockwise, to move POI right, turn anti-clockwise.

Post by Guest »

The way I remember it, R means right but not move shot right, pellet is impacting right. L left. H high, T is where it gets complicated but there's only one possibility left.
wrc

Post by wrc »

If you look very closely in the center of the sight knobs, you'll more likely see "BEI", a word in German meaning, here, "WITH". Take that as a clue! What the Germans have done is actually incorporate the sight changing rule into the stamping of the sight knobs.
To wit, in the USA we learn: "move your rear sight in the direction you want the shots on the target to move". And the sight knobs are stamped so that they show which direction to turn them to get shots to move "right", "left", etc.
With German sights, they are basically saying "where DID your shots go?" - WITH RIGHT SHOTS - "BEI RECHTS" - move the knob toward the R direction. No need to remember the sight changing rule, just know where did your shots land.
R= right (rechts) L= left (links) H= high (hoch) T= low/down (tief)

And for you mechanical minds out there, the screws always follow the Right Hand Rule anyway, so turning them gives you the same movement as any other sight.
10tens

Post by 10tens »

This is a better way to remember it.

T is for top

H is for hell

If its to the right move it towards R

If its to the left move it towards L

Thats the way we were taught at CMP camp.