Switching Grips??

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shadow

Switching Grips??

Post by shadow »

I have a Hammerli 162 with grips that fit me pretty good. I have the opportunity to buy a Hammerli 150 and wonder if the 162 grips will fit the 150.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

No, not even with less than radical mods.
shadow

Grips

Post by shadow »

On another note..........

Will 152 grips work on a 150?

Thanks!
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Could be. I'm not an expert on the 152/150, but AFAIK the 152 electronics are mounted under the barrel, which should/could make the grip identical to the 150. OTOH, it's a Swiss pistol, and we never did it the easy way when there was another one.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I have owned both a 152 and a 150, and have adapted a set of 152 grips to the 150. The 152 electronics are housed in the grip area, and take up a good deal of space, as they use a 9V battery. Even so, there are cuts that must be made in order to even place the 152 grips on the 150 frame. Then, additional holes must be drilled because some of the mounting screw locations differ between the two guns. It's not all that easy, but it is worth doing if the 152 grip fits you really well.

The reverse would be a different story. A 150 grip would require a great deal of additional inletting to be adapted to a 152. In most cases I would say it would not be worth the effort. As far as adapting either way between the 150/2 series and the 160/2 series, I would suspect that it would be extremely difficult, although it is not something with which I have direct experience.

Good luck,
FredB
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

I modified a Morini 152 grip to fit my 150. It didn't take too much work, probably not more than 3 or 4 hours, but I have good tools for the job. And it because it has to be fat enough to house the electronics and 9V battery it never felt as good as the Morini 150 grip the gun is now wearing.

Unless you're equipped to do inletting work and want a fat grip in the end, I'd say you're likely much better off to try to find a grip that actually fits the gun you own. As was posted earlier, the Swiss are not famous for making things easy... ;-)