Any Recent News on the Ability to get a IZH-35 Repaired?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Anonymous wrote:[quote="Richard H"I can respect a guy who says that its not worth it to him to import something or ship it to another country but instead he choose to lie about it so I wouldn't trust him regarding anything.
Interesting perspective let me see if I understand it correctly -- Larry or one of his employees in the USA gave you an answer they probably thought was correct regarding shipping a firearm related item to Canada. Canada, as many of us know is a country known worldwide to have some pretty restrictive laws on firearms. Larry's information turned out to be wrong. You then call him a liar on a public forum with nothing really to back it up -- that's complete BS. I don't find your opinion in this case at all credible. Dick Poore[/quote]

Well try reading, he didn't say it was because of Canadian Laws, he gave the same excuse that he gave the poster in this forum that they were restricted by US State Department export laws, of which in my previous career I am familar with. He has given this excuse to others as well. So yes I say that Larry or his employees are either lying.or don't know what they are talking about. So I wouldn't choose to do business with them for either of those reasons. Like I said I understand completely if they don't want to do the necessary paper work to ship to Canada, just say so, don't lie about it. The only thing that caught my eye was the same lame excuse he gave to the poster about the State Department.

Unfortunately the shooting community is small and someone who is less then truthful will eventually get found out. It happened to me so what would you like me to provide you as proof. If you don't beleive me phone him and ask him to ship you a match dot scope and tell him you live in Canada, let me know what he says. By the way the manufacture couldn't beleive that he gave me such an excuse. So that's my opinion and only mine. If you like the guy and get good service from him then hey good for you. I'm just relating what happened to me.

Now for your last statement here you are calling me a liar , when you don't know anything about me or the transaction which did or did not take place between me and Larry's Guns, so how credible are you?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

By the way Dick rather than attack me like a trunk monkey why don't you tell of the great service that you have received from Larry's Guns.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Richard,

One wonders why you are getting so nasty about this. Dick neither called you a liar nor "attacked" you; he simply pointed out that, in the area of credibility between you and Larry, he found yours lacking. So why did he say that? You have presented two pieces of evidence against Larry. One was refuted immediately by another importer, leaving only your unsupported statement that Larry wouldn't ship you an Ultradot due to State Dept regs. Don't you think that a miscommunication or misunderstanding might explain that complaint?

In contrast, we have Larry's reputation which is well known in the "small" shooting community. Larry is known for honesty and fair dealing, and many will attest to that. I have had several dealings with him, and have always been treated with honesty and fairness. One transaction involved the importation of a Russian free pistol from Australia, during which Larry did indeed have to battle the State Dept regs. It took almost a year, many letters and phone calls, and much of his time, but he perservered where many others would have just given up. And for all this work, he charged me $50, even though I offered to pay more!

I concur fully with what I believe Dick was saying: it ill behooves you to call someone a liar on such a flimsy basis, and may indeed reflect more on you than on him.

FredB
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

joe1347 wrote:I'd stay that our chances of getting an IZH-35 from FGW are about as likely as Brittney Spears getting a PhD in Physics from Princeton.
You obviously have not seen the Britney Spears Guide to Semiconductor Physics. I think it's pretty safe to say this is, without a doubt, the best Britney Spears site on the entire web. Look for the graphs of the conduction and valence bands.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Fred wrote:Richard,

One wonders why you are getting so nasty about this. Dick neither called you a liar nor "attacked" you; he simply pointed out that, in the area of credibility between you and Larry, he found yours lacking. So why did he say that? You have presented two pieces of evidence against Larry. One was refuted immediately by another importer, leaving only your unsupported statement that Larry wouldn't ship you an Ultradot due to State Dept regs. Don't you think that a miscommunication or misunderstanding might explain that complaint?

In contrast, we have Larry's reputation which is well known in the "small" shooting community. Larry is known for honesty and fair dealing, and many will attest to that. I have had several dealings with him, and have always been treated with honesty and fairness. One transaction involved the importation of a Russian free pistol from Australia, during which Larry did indeed have to battle the State Dept regs. It took almost a year, many letters and phone calls, and much of his time, but he perservered where many others would have just given up. And for all this work, he charged me $50, even though I offered to pay more!

I concur fully with what I believe Dick was saying: it ill behooves you to call someone a liar on such a flimsy basis, and may indeed reflect more on you than on him.

FredB
Fred you and Dick are free to beleive what you want, as am I. Dick basically said I had no credibility (which to me means that I'm lying). He's making this assumption based on nothing. I'm entitled to my opinion of which it was, I think he lied to me, nothing you or Dick say about it is going to change that fact as niether if you have a clue as to the transaction that took place or did not take place between Larry's and myself. You may have received good service from him, if so thats great I'm happy for you. I feel I got a load of BS. I've dealt wth dealers on both sides of the border and he is the only one that I have this opinion of so take it for what its worth. As I haven't told any one NOT to do business with him I just related what happen to me. So you and Dick are the ones that should calm down.

Look at the bull that he's told people in this thread the the IZH-35 can't be imported into the country because it's not on the State Departments list, meanwhile its been imported into the US for years, give me a break. Like I said either he's lying or doesn't know what he's talking about take your pick, niether endears him to my heart.
joe1347

Post by joe1347 »

Nicole Hamilton wrote:
joe1347 wrote:I'd stay that our chances of getting an IZH-35 from FGW are about as likely as Brittney Spears getting a PhD in Physics from Princeton.
You obviously have not seen the Britney Spears Guide to Semiconductor Physics. I think it's pretty safe to say this is, without a doubt, the best Britney Spears site on the entire web. Look for the graphs of the conduction and valence bands.

Thanks, Who knew that Britney was so 'endowed' with talent beyond singing - I mean lipsyncing. At least the site authors picked photos while she was still cute. What's really disturbing about the site is that like Britney - I'm also a Semiconductor Device Physicist. Although from the site - it looks like Britney is way ahead of me. I guess it's time to get out Sze for some 'light reading'. :)
xtreme

Post by xtreme »

ColinC
I was lucky enough to snare one too. Great pistol for the price. 100% reliability so far. When I got mine, another member in our club rang to get one for himself, and they were all gone.
PS the extra was the safety pinned and the sears honed
Mark
May all your shots be "10's"
dflast

Post by dflast »

Look at the bull that he's told people in this thread the the IZH-35 can't be imported into the country because it's not on the State Departments list, meanwhile its been imported into the US for years, give me a break. Like I said either he's lying or doesn't know what he's talking about take your pick, niether endears him to my heart.
Richard H,

A cautionary tale:

The fact that IZH35 had been imported for years by EAA doesn't play forward: in the post 9/11/01 eruption in Washington, (and particularly, if you've followed this administration's agency infighting, at Department of State!) I believe that import approval for weapons of any sort got a thorough going-over. If you were grandfathered an import licence no-one was going to take it away but once that licence lapsed a new one was a start-from-scratch proposition. Possible EAA itself dropped the Izzy because the hassle of license renewal couldn't be justified by the potential sales volume.

In any case, when Don Nygord died, Larry Carter agreed to take over importing the Pardini line. Don had the franchise for years and nearly every target pistol in their catalogue was "approved for import" by both State Department and BATF. All of that lapsed when Don passed away, and Larry spent the better part of a year getting the Pardinis re-listed and his own import licenses in place. He is neither ignorant nor has lied to you about the subject. Rather, I think "once burned, twice shy."

David
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

In all honesty I could really care less, I was just relating what my experiences were dealing with him. I don't care about any theories or excuses you guys can come up with, I'm not upset, nor mad (if you think I am you are reading that into my posts). I got my scopes from another source, so like I said I could care less. If you love Larry good for you, send him all your money, and your first born.
JaH

Izh35

Post by JaH »

As a dealer that has an importers FFL, I can tell you that the IZH-35 is appproved but, the IJ-35 is not.
Is there a difference? They may be listed separately on govt paperwork but is there an actual difference?

The 'J' is just an anglicisation of the 'Zh' in Russian as far as I know.

BTW I know of an Izh35 which has two different serial numbers on it (dyslexic engraver presumably) and a Toz with Russian 'D's in the serial number which have magically become 'A's in all official paperwork.

If you're considering shipping one over it would be worth getting it thoroughly checked before you order a load of trouble.

The Walther versions were all tidied up in that respect I believe, no cyillic characters.
Fortitudo Dei

Re: Izh35

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

The Walther versions were all tidied up in that respect I believe, no cyillic characters.
The same thing applies to the tuned Frankonia version (the "Frankonia Favorit") though it does cost a bit more. I don't think there is anything which marks the gun as being "Russian".