Top Gun Blues

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Ted

Top Gun Blues

Post by Ted »

I goofed and tried to reserve housing too late for the Top Gun match December at the OTC. They said no housing is available now. This is a bummer because I qualified for funded housing, just missed the deadline.Is anybody out there palnning on going to the Top Gun match in the same predicament as me? Where are you staying? Is there anyplace within walking distance of the OTC? Anny help greatly appreciated!
kiko

Post by kiko »

Ted
what is this match about and for, can you illustrate us please,
is this Colorado?
regards, K.
Fred Mannis

Re: Top Gun Blues

Post by Fred Mannis »

Ted wrote:I goofed and tried to reserve housing too late for the Top Gun match December at the OTC. They said no housing is available now. This is a bummer because I qualified for funded housing, just missed the deadline.Is anybody out there palnning on going to the Top Gun match in the same predicament as me? Where are you staying? Is there anyplace within walking distance of the OTC? Anny help greatly appreciated!
Ted,
This is where I stayed last year
Apollo Park Executive Suites
805 S Circle Dr
Colorado Springs, CO 80910
USA

Reservation questions: +1 (800) EXPEDIA
For other information contact the hotel: Tel: 1 (719) 634-0286 Fax: 1 (719) 635-1539

I think it was about $60/night and was within 2 miles of the OTC
I won't be going this year
Fred
Ted

Post by Ted »

Kiko,
yes, this match is in Colorado. I haven't shot it but, as described to me (and anyone who has please feel free to correct any errors I make) it is two matches. The first is a regular 60 shot match with finals for the top 8 for both days. The Top Gun is an elimination style match where two shooters are paired and the low score eliminated and this is repeated until there is a 'top gun' left. Similar to the NCAA tournament bracket.
Fred, thanks for the info!
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

Actually, three matches, hence the 3X, plus the top gun match. A fantastic value for the money.
kiko

Post by kiko »

thanks Ted,
I just got my membership with USAS, I browse their web site regularly, but I guess with the additional magazine I may understand better about all the matches and activities going around. K.