FWB P34 rear sight problem.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
HLS

FWB P34 rear sight problem.

Post by HLS »

Hi all. My P34 has not been knocked, dropped or mistreated in any way. I can't raise the elevation and move the sights to the right any further. Down and left adjustments are no problems. I have 40 clicks left-right adjustment but need to go a few more to the right. I also need to go a few more up. I am a A grade shooter in ISSF air pistol (formerly) Master grade. Grip, sight alignment, trigger control are OK. FWB provided me with the attached diagram of the P34 rear sight. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you in advance.
Attachments
rear sight 34200250.zip
(91.57 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
CROB

Post by CROB »

I have a FWB P40, which has the same rear sight (not sure about the front).

I have my rear sight about 10 clicks short of the top. To correct that I need a lower front sight - maybe 1.0 - 1.5mm lower. It's just me and how I look at the sights, everyone is a bit different.

Perhaps you need a front sight lower and to the left? Do you have this problem with other pistols? Is this gun brand new?

As an afterthought, is the compensator correctly fitted? Make sure it isn't disturbing the pellets as they leave the muzzle - just thinking out loud.
HLS

FWB P34 rear sight problem

Post by HLS »

My sincere thanks for the reply. From what I have received from FWB there are 2 different rear sight mechanisms for the P34. It appears that I have the early one. I wonder why FWB changed the design? I will send the pistol to FWB's Australian represenatative and get him to look at it. It might be a good idea to get him to give it a complete check over after 6 years of use..
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Who is Australias FWB representative.

My P30 is way overdue for an overhaul

Mikey
HLS

P34 Australian Representative

Post by HLS »

The Australian Rep for FWB is:

Ian Hand
8 Hawdon's Cove
Tuross Head
NSW 2537
phone 0061 /0 409 323 833
fax 0061 / 2 4473 6359

Hope that this helps you! Ian has been very helpful to me in the past.