ACZ-101 Spider

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dalba

ACZ-101 Spider

Post by dalba »

Hi,
I am new to the air pistol shooting and to this forum as well. My question is: Does anyone have an experience with ACZ-101 Spider? Good, bad, how does it compare to the more famous products?
This is a Czech pistol made in the city Brno where I come from. Ironically I cannot find any tests, review, user opinions anywhere in the internet...
bubba_zenetti

Post by bubba_zenetti »

hi,

great bang for the buck. at the $800 price tag they carry, they are hard to beat. another one to consider is the rohm twinmaster match (i own one) great pistol for the price although the cz101 has a few nicer features that the twinmaster lacks (such as roatating grip) the grip is not that great (held one once) and you cannot get aftermarket grips for one as far as i know. the barrel is high quality but little is known about the regulator mechanisim and how consistant the velocity of each shot is(a big player in accuracy)

however, as i learned the hard way, if you buy a lesser quality pistol for $800ish you are going to hate life when you shoot a $1200+ pistol and like it more. save up a few hundred more, hang out here and find yourself a good used high quality pistol for a bit more than what you are planning to spend (see the for sale/trades section) i bought me a walther lp300 through this forum for a price i could not pass up. with the top tier pistols you can get aftermarket grips and parts a lot easier than some of the not so well known brands.

btw, welcome to one of the most addiciting sports around.
dalba

Post by dalba »

Thanks for your welcome and info. This is kind of answer I was a bit afraid of :-) - it is ok for the money but so are the more expensive ones. So I will probably try to save a bit more.
btw. the sport really seems to be very addictive...
James

Post by James »

Look at the benelli kite. They go for around 800. I have no experience with the aeron, or twinmaster pistols.

I've shot some Steyr's and the benelli is very comparable. I think the only lacking point of the benelli is the metal finish which probably makes up the lower price.
Dan Cryderman

AC 101

Post by Dan Cryderman »

For what its worth I have had my AC 101 for a year I like it had a few minor problems to sort out,nothing serious
Regards:
Dan
Southpaw

spider

Post by Southpaw »

We have a couple as club guns and one member also bought one. They seem to be just as accurate as any other good quality AP, but we have have had quality issues with leaky cylinders. Also, one weird thing is that the cocking lever jumps up when a shot is released. I've not seen this on any other guns.
I don't think we'll be buying any more of them.

Regards,
SP
K Rihanek

FAS 609

Post by K Rihanek »

What about the FAS Domino 609? It's also sold as the Gehmann 609. I've seen this one for $860. It looks good in the pictures. Can anyone comment on what they've seen or experienced?
James

Post by James »

The FAS is a proven preformer.

The benelli Kite is mechanically simmilar to the 609. I shoot the Kite, and I feel the kite is more refined then the 609, though I have never shot a 609. I highly recommend either one, Though I prefer the features of the Benelli Kite.
At the same price, with the kite you get ported lothar walther barrel, morini style compensator, and Nill grips. The sights are also more adjustable. I prefer the Kite young, which is the short, mine was 800