Rear Sight Gap on Morini 162

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dhurt

Rear Sight Gap on Morini 162

Post by dhurt »

My 162 rear sight opens up to 4.15 mm. Is this typical? I would like to get a little more gap, left and right of the front sight. Is there anyway to adjust larger or am I going to have to remove metal? Does the sight come apart easily or is it a "don't go there" propostition? Thanks gurus, Dwaine.

PS. The 5 mm front sight is way "tight" so I use 4.5, which is still a little tight.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

If you adjust the sights to the left you will probably find that you can open the gap a bit more.

Not particularly helpful unless you like aiming at the side of the target, just an observation.

You are not alone in having this problem. I am lucky that I like a 4mm front sight.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Dwaine:

A few months ago we had this discussion (check the threads; don't remember exactly when) but it boiled down to this:

- You have to remove the sight
- You can then move both blades (together) to the left to the thread limit
- Re-install the sight
- You can now open the rear notch quite a bit wider

Steve
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Thanks for the reminder Steve. I was going to do it but never got round to it and then forgot.

Anything we need to look out for, flying springs, tiny detent balls etc?
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,

My 162EI opens up to 5,6 mm

Take your rear sight apart.
Screw to the left and the 2 halves come out to the left.
They are joined by a screw from the right (the one you use for adjust how wide you want it to be) there is a spring, but it comes out with the unit.

The two halves are joined by a screw that has left hand thread in one end.
You see how it works. Good luck!

Kent
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

Thanks a bunch everyone!! You guys are great. Steve, I did'nt think to do a search, silly me. I can't wait to tear into the beast. Thanks again!!!!