CM84E Dry Fire

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ScottS

CM84E Dry Fire

Post by ScottS »

What is the recommended method of dry firing a CM84E with out the hammer hitting the firing pin the first time. The 162EI can be dry fired with the breach in the fully open position, I assumed the the CM84E would be the same? Is the case, because mine does not seam to behaive that way.
Thanks, Scott
David M

Dry Fire vs Firing Pin

Post by David M »

Do not fire the free pistol with the breech open, the firing pin will hit the cocking lever mid flight and you will eventually break the firing pin.

Close the breech and drop the action the firing pin is designed to strike on the taper of the pin and it will not strike the breech face.

It is possible to hold the loading lever back, activate the trigger and catch the firing pin with little or no movement, but I would not suggest it if you do not know what you are doing.
Attachments
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (14.09 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,
Same thing happend to me last week.
And I use a Hammerli FP60
Always put an emty shell/cartridge in before closing after inspecton.
release the trigger and by that release any tension in the spring.
Then you can dry fire.

Kent
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

This question has been discussed at length before on this board. In the end I asked Francesco Repich, the 'big cheese' at Morini Competition Arms. His response was a strong recommendation to place an empty cartridge in the chamber and then activate the trigger, allowing the firing pin to move fully forward against the soft brass cartridge case. He also indicated that sometimes we have to drop the firing pin on an empty chamber. The CM84 will withstand this treatment but is not specifically designed to do so. In short, only do this when you absolutely have to. At any other time, insert a fired cartridge case before allowing the firing pin to move forward.

(By the way, I don't know about other folks on this discussion forum, but I've now had many thousands of rounds go through my CM-84 and the only thing I've really had to replace was the battery for the electronics. But even they last for a year or so if you treat them right. The reliability of this pistol is awfully hard to beat.)