USAS info?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

USAS info?

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know why the download for pistol events on the USAS site hasn't been updated since August? How are we supposed to keep up to date on upcoming matches?

Also, how does one e-mail the Competitions Division? I don't see an e-mail address on the site for them.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Good question. I tried to find out why the national rankings haven't been updated since January and never got an answer. You might try to e-mail as many staff there as you can and ask for the address of the competitions division. Maybe if enough e-mails get sent hey wil post the info.
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

I have never had a problem with response from competitions, but I could understand it if there was one. We have a new competitions manager and new staff. If you have ever had the pleasure(?) of taking over for a departing manager, you will appreciate that it seldom goes as planned. I know that they had to recover missing match results, since some of mine were among them. They also managed to hit the ground with a full schedule of national level competitions and even made some improvements to the way things were done. Not a bad start.

I have recent correspondence from Lindsay that indicated they are nearing completion of a revamp of the database that will allow real time (or nearly that) update of the rankings. I suspect that it will also improve match scheduling, reporting, and classification update. The old database was 15 years old and it wasn't designed for what we'd like to do with it now, and it certainly wasn't very web friendly. The target for completion is end of November.

Larry
Ted

Post by Ted »

Thanks for the update!