Morini Monogram on an LP10!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
streamdreams

Morini Monogram on an LP10!

Post by streamdreams »

My European supplied Steyr LP10 apears to have a Morini monagram on the flat side of the grip. I have never hear of this befor, it this new? is it realy a morini designed grip? I know he designes the grip for the walther P99 / P22.

Post by Guest »

nothing shocking. just be glad that you have it ;)
bruce

Post by bruce »

My LP10 [ circa 2001 ] came with a medium size Morini grip.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Check out the rest of the internet - Morini (CM) has always been the supplier of Steyr's grips. That's probably the reason why they took a financial interest in the buyout of Steyr Sportwaffen, so I wouldn't expect any other brand as their factory supplier.

Post by Guest »

there are grips with styer's own logo. its not carved in but rather stuck on of sorts.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

A van Gogh is a van Gogh even if you put somebody else's sticker on it. IMHO it's totally obvious that the grips are CM Morini - how could you mistake them for something else?
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Tycho wrote:A van Gogh is a van Gogh even if you put somebody else's sticker on it. IMHO it's totally obvious that the grips are CM Morini - how could you mistake them for something else?
You would say that though ;-). A grip is merely a tool (IMHO).

Rob.
streamdreams

Post by streamdreams »

Tycho wrote:A van Gogh is a van Gogh even if you put somebody else's sticker on it. IMHO it's totally obvious that the grips are CM Morini - how could you mistake them for something else?
There was no mistaking it just suprise to see it.
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

The only Steyr-grips with the old Steyr-logo on it (target) are from the former company, belonging to Steyr-Mannlicher. Since several years, but surely since Anschuetz took over 51 percent from Steyr Sportwaffen, they mount Morini-Grips with the CM-Logo. This are/were the initials of Cesare Morini, but the trademark is now owned by Morini Competition Arm, and Cesare has nothing to do with them since years (some are lucky about that, some not).

The quality of that Morini-grips is the same like for example Nill-grips, and also other companies order Morini-grips for their pistols - like Feinwerkbau since approx 2003.
dflast

Post by dflast »

Just to muddy the waters: the Large grip that came on my LP2 has both the Morini monogram on the flat side and an inset Steyr "target" medalion on the edge of the palm shelf.

I presume this was supplied Steyr by Morini; that "Steyr" only (like the XL Pilks lent me for trial) would have been sourced elsewhere, and that "Morini" only would prove to be an aftermarket piece.

-David
streamdreams

Post by streamdreams »

dflast wrote:Just to muddy the waters: the Large grip that came on my LP2 has both the Morini monogram on the flat side and an inset Steyr "target" medalion on the edge of the palm shelf.
Yes the other side has the target logo.
darticus

SAME LP10 SILVER

Post by darticus »

Mine is the same as yours.Looks normal! Ron
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

It's not rare every one I've seen, unless it was replaced, has the Morini Logo on one side and a Steyr Logo on the other. they even say in the Promotional material that the LP 10 has a Morini Grip. Both mine do a 1999 LP5 and a 2001 LP10.
scerir

Post by scerir »

Richard H wrote: It's not rare every one I've seen, unless it was replaced, has the Morini Logo on one side and a Steyr Logo on the other.
There are original grips (for LP10) with no CM logo. They were made in Spain, for Steyr. I've got my LP10 with one of these grips. They are a bit different from the usual CM grip.

Post by Guest »

Why would Morini take a financial stake in Steyr if Anschutz are now the majority owners ?
Or do both Morini and Anschutz own Steyr ?
Thanks
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Anonymous wrote:Why would Morini take a financial stake in Steyr
Why do you think they have. It would be the first I have heard of it.
scerir

Post by scerir »

Anonymous wrote: Or do both Morini and Anschutz own Steyr ?
Why not? ;-)
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

scerir wrote:
Richard H wrote: It's not rare every one I've seen, unless it was replaced, has the Morini Logo on one side and a Steyr Logo on the other.
There are original grips (for LP10) with no CM logo. They were made in Spain, for Steyr. I've got my LP10 with one of these grips. They are a bit different from the usual CM grip.
Those are probably more rare than the ones with the Morini grips.
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

scerir wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Or do both Morini and Anschutz own Steyr ?
Why not? ;-)
Because Anschuetz owns 51 percent, and the Steyr-bosses Gerd-Carlo Maennel, Karl Egger, Erwin Huber und Christian Steiner own the other 49 percent (after a "management buy out from Steyr-Mannlicher), which doesn't leave percents for any other party...
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Hmm - why is it then that very good informed sources are telling me that Valerio Grilli and Francesco Repich took a 10% interest in Steyr Sportwaffen at the MBO? Management buy-back since then?