Swap Large for Medium FWB103 Grips

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jestep

Swap Large for Medium FWB103 Grips

Post by jestep »

I have an FWB103 that I mistakenly got with a Large Morini Gripset. Before I make modifications, does anyone have a Medium set that they would trade for Large?? The grips are New and have no bruises, marks or such.

Regards all.
Jim
James Way

Re: Swap Large for Medium FWB103 Grips

Post by James Way »

Jim,
I have a FWB 100 (made around 1990) that I bought used and then purchased medium Rink grips. They are still in excellent condition and unmodified, but I'm not sure if they would work.
On some grips, the wood extends above the web of the hand and continues under the rear sight. These do not. They stop at the web of the hand. You can see both styles on the Pilkington used guns page. These are two piece, right handed grips, in Rink's standard configuration (no 7 degree offset, or anything like that).
Anyway, I measured across my knuckles, and got 90mm. I thought that would make me a medium, but when I got the grips, I had to put the palm shelf down as far as it would go to fit. So I guess 90mm means the maximum size? I have also heard that Rinks will run a little small. This was the first time I ever ordered aftermarket grips.
Let me know if these might work.
Thanks,
Jamie
jestep

Grips

Post by jestep »

I'm not familiar with the fit for the grips you mention. I think it would be best to stick with Morini style as is on the 103 now to avoid more difficulty. If nothing comes up, I only need about an eighth of an inch added to the top of the palm shelf to get a snug fit. If I need to add a little Morini paste, I can do that. I just hoped I could make a swap instead.

Thanks for the offer. I appreciate the response.

Regards,
Jim
Nicole Hamilton

Re: Swap Large for Medium FWB103 Grips

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

James Way wrote:I measured across my knuckles, and got 90mm. I thought that would make me a medium [Rink], but when I got the grips, I had to put the palm shelf down as far as it would go to fit. So I guess 90mm means the maximum size?
Yes, with Rink, the sizing chart lists maximums. Also, it looks like there's very little overlap from one size to the next. I wanted a Rink grip for my Pardini K22 FP and I also measured 90mm across my knuckles, which I thought would make me a medium as well. But a fellow I shoot with had a Rink medium on his SP and a Rink large on his FP and though (understandably) I didn't get the chance to play with the adjustments, it sure looked like the large would be a better fit. When I called Larry Carter, he confirmed that whenever anyone's close to the maximum for a Rink size, he always recommends they go up one size. When my Rink large arrived, it did fit, and I think it was a better choice than a medium would have been, but otoh, it's at the minimum of the adjustment range. :)