Pardini SP1 RF ammo?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
IPshooter

Pardini SP1 RF ammo?

Post by IPshooter »

I know this topic comes up from time to time, but since these pistols have been around now for a bit, I'm wondering what the latest is on what ammo, when used in them, seems to be:

1. reliable

2. meets the minimum velocity requirement (250m/sec.).

Looking forward to seeing the responses.

Stan
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

IPshooter - this topic has been discussed several times on this board, and at great length. Do a search, then read the results. After that you may want to post some more refined questions here.

A short summary of previous posts goes kinda like this. The Pardini works with just about every ammunition - each gun is different and will have its likes and dislikes. Similarly each shooter will have their likes and dislikes. The bottom line is that you need to test for yourself and see what works in your gun, and in your hand.
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Mark Briggs wrote:The Pardini works with just about every ammunition ...
Except CCI. :) My experience is that CCI is a little long and waxy and tends to bind in the Pardini magazines. I was getting endless failures to feed and some failures to eject with CCI in my Pardini SP.

There may be better choices (I never bothered with any real comparison once I found something that worked :) but personally, I shoot Federal 711B in my Pardini .22's (SP, SP New and K22.) Shooting one to two bricks/month, I can't even remember the last time I had a failure.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Mark Briggs wrote:IPshooter - this topic has been discussed several times on this board, and at great length. Do a search, then read the results. After that you may want to post some more refined questions here.

A short summary of previous posts goes kinda like this. The Pardini works with just about every ammunition - each gun is different and will have its likes and dislikes. Similarly each shooter will have their likes and dislikes. The bottom line is that you need to test for yourself and see what works in your gun, and in your hand.
Mark,

I appreciate your advice, but I already did some searching prior to making my post. There are a couple of reasons for my post:

1. Most of the prior posts seem to be more specifically about the SP and SP1 models (probably because there are simply more of them out there), but I feel like the SP1 RF is a slightly different animal. I've heard the chamber is cut differently, but I don't know that for a fact. In addition, there is ammo specifically engineered for the RF model, and I was curious about whether folks were happy with it. In any event, I think specific feedback about SP1 RF ammo peformance is more valuable, to me, than feedback about Pardini SP ammo in general.

2. A number of months have passed since much of the prior Pardini ammo posts were made, and I was curious to see if people's responses now were different as compared to their initial responses. "Living" with a pistol for a while sometimes tells you something different than you thought at the beginning of a relationship.

Stan
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Stan - RWS Target Rifle - Whan I purchased the gun from Don Nygord over six years ago this was the ammo he recommended. I shoot in weekly, and in all this time.... I have never, never had a jam, malfunction or alibi. Great ammo/gun combination. I clean regularly but not weekly. My two cents....
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Pablo wrote:Stan - RWS Target Rifle - Whan I purchased the gun from Don Nygord over six years ago this was the ammo he recommended. I shoot in weekly, and in all this time.... I have never, never had a jam, malfunction or alibi. Great ammo/gun combination. I clean regularly but not weekly. My two cents....
I suspect you are talking of a different gun, the SP1 Rapid has not been around for 6 years, 2 maybe.

Rob.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Pablo wrote:Stan - RWS Target Rifle - Whan I purchased the gun from Don Nygord over six years ago this was the ammo he recommended. I shoot in weekly, and in all this time.... I have never, never had a jam, malfunction or alibi. Great ammo/gun combination. I clean regularly but not weekly. My two cents....
Pablo,

Thanks for the info. I have some RWS Target Rifle that I used to use for FP. It dawned on me the other day to try it in the SP1 RF.

Stan
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

I Have no idear about Pardini, but Lapua seem to be very inovative (and sucessfully) at the moment. Some of Britain's olympic hopefulls are relighing on them.

http://www.nammo.fi/

J
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

I use SKJagd subsonic in my SP1 RF. Functions fine, and accuracy is very good.

Post by Guest »

I have had Pardini SP1 RF now 10 months. My experience is that my Pardini works perfectly well with Lapua Master, Lapua Pistol King, Lapua Rapid Fire. I have had some problems (one malfunction/300 rounds) with Eley Target Pistol, Eley Pistol Standard and Federal Classic. I have had serious problems (several malfunctions/100 rounds) with CCI standard and Eley Pistol Xtra. I practise with Federal and compete with Lapua Master.

Tope
IPshooter

Velocity?

Post by IPshooter »

Scott and Tope,

Thank you both for the info. Have either of you checked your ammo to see if it meets the minimum standard (250m/sec)?

Stan