is there such a thing as a semi auto air pistol?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
scragglepoint

is there such a thing as a semi auto air pistol?

Post by scragglepoint »

I'd like to get an air pistol that I can load and shoot 5 pellets with a twitch of the trigger. I want to be able to practice my bullseye stlye in the comfort of my home's 10m range, instead of driving to my club to practice.

I shoot a Benelli MP95 for BE and would like something that's reasonably close. I have a Twinmaster Trainer (8 shot, CO2), and really like it, but it's more like a revolver where you either have to shoot it double action or cock it to shoot single action.

TIA, Dave
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

I don't own one to speak from personal experience, but I think what you're asking for is just exactly what a rapid fire air pistol like the Steyr LP50 provides. You load 5 pellets into a magazine, then just keep pulling the trigger.
scragglepoint

Post by scragglepoint »

that would do it, thanks.
now for the "easy" part, I just have to figure out a way to come up with money
cdf

Post by cdf »

The LP50 and LP5 are extremly nice pistols . There are outher semis out there YMMV . My 50 is a joy to shoot and has been utterly reliable , I know another fella with a 5 , same experience . Buy , use and enjoy in good health . It is deffinatly the most fun rated match AP out there .

Chris
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I have an LP5 and keep considering upgrading to the 50 as the trigger is meant to be better. They are certainly the best 5-shot AP's out there and are extremely reliable. There are other and cheaper models but I don't know much about them, apart from the fact that if someone has a malfunction on the firing line, chances are he's shooting one of the others.

Rob.
Fred

Post by Fred »

RobStubbs wrote:I have an LP5 and keep considering upgrading to the 50 as the trigger is meant to be better. Rob.
Rob,

Please explain about the trigger difference between the LP5 and LP50. This is the first I have heard of it.

FredB
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Fred,
I don't know the technicalities I'm afraid, I had just heard that the trigger was meant to be improved on the 50. If not it begs the question what is the 'real' difference ? I know the ported barrel as per the LP10 but I'm pretty sure that ain't the whole story - I will investigate as I'm intrigued (and don't want to waste 900 pounds).

Rob.