Fall Selection Free Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Dlindenbaum

Fall Selection Free Pistol

Post by Dlindenbaum »

I just got back from watching the conclusion of Men's Free Pistol. Unfortunately, I didn't get to shoot but it was certainly enjoyable watching and learning from others. Zins put together two good segments of 558 and 559 to win overall. I believe he was tied with Szarenski after Day 1 who finished third overall. Jason Turner was consistent and placed second. Our frequent contributor, and very nice person, Steve Swartz shot well and made the finals. Also making the finals were Rose, Ennis, Zurek, and Gray. Positions remained the same after the finals. I can't imagine what Zins might accomplish if he actually shot the Free Pistol for a living. For those that are interested, I think he shoots a pretty stock Toz. It appeared to me that Szarenski and Ennis are shooting Morini barrels glued to a stripped down Toz. If I could just shoot 30-40 points higher per match........

Dennis
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Congats Brian. Zins is just what the team needs to both inspire the old core and to set the bar for our newer shooters. You have to give credit to a guy that trains less than two months and performs as he does. The program needs shooters like him to give international a try. Greg
kiko

Post by kiko »

Dindlenbaun.
I bet it was an impresive match to observe, I am glad for you. Reading the scores from the USAS website it seems to me that there were about 20 participants. Is that a normal turnout for FP or there were more not listed?
Was this match an invitational only ( with minimum qualifications) or basicaly open to anyone willing to travel and pay the fee. ( even without USAS membership, guest, first timers, etc )
details, details, please.

K