New Matchguns MG2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
trigger25

Matchguns MG2 Rapid Fire

Post by trigger25 »

Tycho told me, there are two different styles of rapid fire kits - one of steel and one of aluminium - anybody knows how much is the weight of the whole gun whit the RF-Kit? i have transmitted an e-mail to matchgun for this questions (and for more technical information about the mg2 rapid fire) - i waiting now about more than one week for a answer... Maybe is here one mg2 rf user, that can tell me faster some technical-details of the rf pistol???

Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

Is anyone handling Match Guns in the US? My MG-2 works fine, but, it would be nice to know.

I miss Don Nygord.
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

Neal Stepp in Ft. Worth is a Matchgun dealer. The last I heard, he had a RF model in stock. He offered it to me, but I'm holding out for the electronic triggered model.

R.M.
trigger25

Electronic Trigger Modell of mg2

Post by trigger25 »

the electronic modell of the mg2 - looks like a big hook. for me is the "mg2 rf e" not beautiful - but you know taste is different...

look here...
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Stock frame + RF Kit with alu shroud and RF slide (20gr lighter than standard) weighs in at 1030gr, but grip is custom, so that's +/- . Steel shroud is 120gr more. Tested that yesterday on a mechanical MG2. Alu IMHO too light, shot recovery with my stock first series MG2 is actually better. Steel shroud not bad, but definitely heavy enough. Springs behind the "brake bolts" are a joke, but will be great to tune :-)

Pics are old, btw, the actual shroud is a bit wider and has four "brake-bolts" (don't know what they will call them, the things sticking out of the back of the shroud) instead of two. Should get my MG2E in the next few days/weeks/months, depending on the mood of Italian customs. Definitely looking forward to it, now that I'm getting the hang of this thing. Needed that flat and straight trigger, though. Never seen it on a pic, but it's to be recommended, just ask. And - who needs a beautiful pistol, as long as it's the only one of its kind on the range?

Post by Guest »

Hey, maybe MG could use the Pardini electronic trigger, then they could have pistol all the worst features!
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Actually, you'd have to hybridize the Pardini e-trigger with a CM22 or a SP20RRS to get the worst possible combination... With the MG2, at least the concept is great, even if quality control does have some way to go.
Fred Mannis

Re: Electronic Trigger Modell of mg2

Post by Fred Mannis »

trigger25 wrote:the electronic modell of the mg2 - looks like a big hook. for me is the "mg2 rf e" not beautiful - but you know taste is different...
This is the first time I have ever seen an MG2. To me, it is downright ugly! Looks like it was assembled from a Lego kit :-)
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

No, Lego kits have bigger parts... at least nobody has to ask what it is ;-)