cm84e ammo

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
david alaways

cm84e ammo

Post by david alaways »

i have my first shoot in 2 weeks, ive owned my first free pistol for 2 weeks, good ammo out of the stores or gun shops here is impossible too get, ive obtained alittle cci match it seems the best so far, what other ammo should i order to try out. i consider myself a natural good shot, shooting 540s (with no match prussure of course ) my grip fits me almost perfect, i just read too relax my hand when i shoot, im doing that, any other suggestions will be considered, and all of your stupid jokes will be laughed at. ( thats a joke ) i know some of u out there needed me to point that out. thanks for your help david.
Last edited by david alaways on Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Wow. If you've owned your FP just 2 weeks and you're shooting in the 540s, I'd agree: You are a natural good shot. The World Record is 581. Keep us posted as you close in on it.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

I have used CCI Match in my FP and it works well. If you can get some more, just stay with it for the match. Better to use ammo you are familiar with/confident in, than trying something new at the last minute.

Unless you are prepared to spend considerable time with a ransom Rest or sandbags, I suggest you go on to Champions Choice website and order some Eley Target Pistol, Pistol Match or Lapua. I like the SK but apparently Champion is stocked out of that. The Wolfe ammo is excellent value, but I have never shot it at 50 m.

Keep calm and shoot well at the match!
david alaways

cm84e ammo

Post by david alaways »

thanks for your reply linda, i enjoyed your profile the first day i signed on. 25 years doing the same job which ment me using my trigger finger everyday, then my neibhbor going to prison 6 years ago and leaving me a $150 ,22 pistol. then an ad in the paper for a shooting leauge and a comment from the range master. I bought the first pardini in the cluband changed everything here . Now the line has as many as 10 pardinis( but no one else with 25 years of trigger pull experience) God was preping me and i didnt even know it. I shot a 198 slow fire in a 900 match this year so i got the morini. Im not a gun person. i know nothing about guns, ( what the hell is a centerfire) thats my shooting mentally. my only real belief in shooting is trigger pull is 80% of your score. maybe im a good shot but im an uneducated shooter ,thats why im here asking what some might consider dumb questions , Fred thanks, calm !!!! me? u got to be kidding im a 3 year old in a 47 year old body. ( yes linda, not a world record but maybe the oldest guy on the U.S. shooting team, or at least shoot with those guys. and get educated. thanks david.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

David - my machine rest group testing has revealed that my particular CM-84E will group very well with just about everything you can put it, except the cheapest of high-velocity bulk-pack ammo from WalMart. My pistol produces decent groups with Remington Target, Winchester T-22, etc. Worst results were actually with CCI Green Tag. Aguila Pistol Match performed beautifully, as did some old Eley Tenex. All the other 'target grade' ammo did almost as well.

In short, buy more ammo and shoot it - don't get too hung up on having to buy 'the best' ammo.