Take down instruction for Morini CM84E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
wai

Take down instruction for Morini CM84E

Post by wai »

hello,

Does anyone have any information on how to dis-assemble the CM84E ?

I would like to know the basic stuff like changing firing pin / spring etc.

thank you.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Wai:

1) The owner's manual gives you information on how to perform all "owner level maintenance" tasks.
2) I understand (from previous communications) that your situation with respect to the availability of trained gunsmith professionals is limited. Even with this being said, I would personally not recommend anyone perform maintenance beyond what the manufacturer recommends. Without proper tools, technical data, or training, it is very easy to make a firearm either unsafe or unusable.

I *know* I will get arguments on this but I will have to say (as a certified, trained, professional aircraft mechanic) that I personally learned this lesson THE HARD WAY. And when I break a gun, IT STAYS BROKE.

I also appreciate what our hosts have provided in the way of technical information in the archives (p.s. you will probably find all you need in the "TenP Files"). This is incredibly valuable information that I have used on many an occasion- but my advice in 2) above still stands.

Be very careful in performing *any* maintenance on your equipment.

Steve Swartz
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Wai - a while ago I wrote a fairly detailed description of how to take the CM84 apart for the purposes of cleaning. If you do a search on this site you'll find that posting. I think it was perhaps 14 months ago or thereabouts.

Steve's comments above are valid, however I'll point out that the CM84 is mechanically very simple. Once you've taken out all the major assemblies the gun is almost completely disassembled. The one major rule that you MUST follow is that you must not try to disassemble the frame of the pistol. The frame consists of a front plate, rear plate, and two side plates (the serial number is etched on the sideplate). These components are NOT intended to be taken apart. Attempting to take them apart will result in breaking the gun and you will have to send it back to Switzerland for repair as no gunsmith has either the parts or the tools to do the repair.

Also, don't try to play with the electronics. They work. Just leave them that way. When you disassemble the gun the trigger unit and the electronics unit will come out as complete assemblies, and that's the way they should stay.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

The thread you want is viewtopic.php?t=9655&highlight=.

Mark's description in that thread is a "keeper" (even for those of us who haven't yet got a CM84E).
wai

Post by wai »

Mark and David,

thank you for your reply, the information was just what I was looking for.

I took a closer look at my Morini today and noticed that the gold contacts on the grip electrionic shows quite a bit of wear. The under lying PCB board can be seem "through" the contacts !!

Is this amount of wear common for the Morini ?

Could it be cause by too frequent grip changes, since this is a club weapon after all ?

I am just curious whether anyone has seen before.

- wai
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Wai - the contact area on the circuit board is quite wide and long. It is normal to see some wear on the circuit board contacts, but I haven't seen one which allowed the actual circuit board to be seen through the gold plating. If it's a club gun, the club should budget for and purchase a new set of electronics to have as a spare.