Pardini GP conversion to 22LR

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Tim_T

Pardini GP conversion to 22LR

Post by Tim_T »

Is it possible to convert a pardini GP to 22LR?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

In theory, yes. Practically, difficult. You could swap the barrel and the slide (or use the original slide with a very soft ammo, may work, perhaps), but when I tried something similar I straded at the mag - the mag catch is mounted at a slightly different height, at least in my case. If the barrel matches the shroud, you could use the original one, but then there's a problem with sight radius. Or use a SP shroud, then there could be a problem with the way it's mounted to the frame, that part got changed several times in the last years. And besides, the trigger won't take 1000gr with a usable characteristic.
Tim_T

Post by Tim_T »

How heavy can the trigger be made and still be consistant?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

No idea. You can swap the screw that regulates the second stage weight and travel, but I haven't the foggiest what to do about first stage weight and whether the trigger module (which is completely different from the SP) can handle the higher forces.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Like Tycho said the GP trigger is different from the SP ans HP pistols. I got mine all out of wack by oiling it and trying to adjust the sear travel. Even incorrect trigger adjustments caused my GP to alibi. Luckily Don Nygord straightened it out and politly told me to leave it alone. After that it worked perfectly as a rapid fire pistol. I hated to sell it, but saw no reason to keep it...Never saw a trigger group that looked like the GP's....Maybe you could make a Free pistol out of it, but I doubt if you could make a reliable Standard Pistol out of one..
Tim_T

Post by Tim_T »

The reason I am asking the questions is that I would like to turn it into a bullseye gun, as I dont want to mess with my AW93.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

What's wrong with using the AW93? You think you can put enough training hours in to develop two different sets of muscle memory? If the rules allow it, I'd stick to one pistol, set it up right and put as many quality rounds through it as possible...