.32 or .38

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Tor

Post by Tor »

Tycho! Here in Scandinavia Sako parts are still available, but I understand it's been a problem for years elsewhere in the world. Its beefy rubberbuffer I think is much better than the tiny nylon piece on some other pistols.
To the .38 vs .32 the differences in precision dident help me at all. Some years ago I tested my S&W M14-3 Masterpiece (with a Morini grip) for CF (only training). I feel the balance was ok (extra barrel weight), the trigger really crisp, but after some month with results more bad than with my .32 I just gave it up. I could shoot good series (47 and up for me) and next........... maybe 42-43 ! Of course it’s me and not the gun. It’s just easier for me to shoot consistent and good with a .32. With the .38 I also had to use more shots to get about right on the target, on my .32 (and .22) it's just 1-3 click up/down-left/right and I am right there (usually).

Regards Tor Ingvaldsen
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Axel - how sure are you sure about the CISM military rules? I dont think it's the same as center fire as you described it.

CISM or military rapid fire (if I understand it correctly) is sixty match shots consisting of four strings each of:

5 shots - 10 seconds
5 shots - 8 seconds
5 shots - 6 seconds

These are all shot one target
James Way

.32 or .38

Post by James Way »

F. Paul,

Yes, you are correct that the match you describe is 25m Military Rapid Fire Pistol. However, in CISM, men also compete in 25m Center Fire Pistol, with the same rules used by the ISSF.

Women compete in 25m Sport Pistol, and have a seperate Military Rapid Fire match, the same rules as the men, but with a .22 standard pistol.
David Levene

Re: .32 or .38

Post by David Levene »

James Way wrote:However, in CISM, men also compete in 25m Center Fire Pistol, with the same rules used by the ISSF.
......which earlier this year produced an absolutely brilliant 597 (including an 8) for Yusuf Dikeg from Turkey.

Post by Guest »

F. Paul in Denver wrote: CISM or military rapid fire (if I understand it correctly) is sixty match shots consisting of four strings each of:

5 shots - 10 seconds
5 shots - 8 seconds
5 shots - 6 seconds

These are all shot one target
What sized target is used? Precision or Rapid?
James Way

.32 or .38

Post by James Way »

The CISM Shooting Regulations state that it is the Rapid Fire Pistol target (Rule 5.4.2.1).