Info.needed - target pistol grips

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darticus

Info.needed - target pistol grips

Post by darticus »

Anyone know where I can get some nice target grips.Thanks Ron
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Ron, some details of the pistol would probably be helpful.
darticus

Thanks David

Post by darticus »

I sent you a message but none of my messages are going out so I'll have to post it.I noticed some messages from last year never went out and are in my OUT box.Anyway grips are for the S&W model 41. Left hand set are on it and I need a right medium match target grip set. Who sells them for this?Thanks Ron
Fred Mannis

Re: Thanks David

Post by Fred Mannis »

darticus wrote: grips are for the S&W model 41. Left hand set are on it and I need a right medium match target grip set. Who sells them for this?Thanks Ron
I have two recommendations:

Rink Grips. Available from Larry Carter (http://larrysguns.com/). I have Rink grips on both my Free Pistols and like the fit/feel in my hand as well as the adjustability.

Herrett Grips (http://www.herrett-stocks.com). I had a set of the Automatic Target Gun, made to measure, grips on my M41.

Depending on your choice of wood, etc, quality grips like these will run $150-200

So you took the plunge and bought the M41?
GaryBF

Target Pistol Grips

Post by GaryBF »

Ron,
Two other makers of custom grips for the S&W Model 41 are Karl Nill and Randall Fung. You can get to both web sites using Google.
darticus

Thanks Fred M

Post by darticus »

You made me do it! Got a deal I just couldn't refuse. I got to sell the left hand medium target grips and get me a medium right set. Wish I could do some trading. Well see! I'll check out your sites you sent. With a scope like this (see pic) do you hold that gun up to the eye or at arms lenth to shoot? Thanks Fred
Attachments
S&W 41A.JPG
darticus

HEY FRED

Post by darticus »

Do you think the grips should have the bottom shelf to adjust on the bottom of your hand? Like http://www.herrett-stocks.com/national.htm
Ted Bell

Re: Thanks Fred M

Post by Ted Bell »

darticus wrote:You made me do it! Got a deal I just couldn't refuse. I got to sell the left hand medium target grips and get me a medium right set. Wish I could do some trading. Well see! I'll check out your sites you sent. With a scope like this (see pic) do you hold that gun up to the eye or at arms lenth to shoot? Thanks Fred
Darticus-

Arms length, just like you would hold the pistol if you were using the iron sights. However, it does raise some questions. I'm assuming that you want to get into match-type shooting, but if so, you'll need to decide what type of matches/ what discipline you want to shoot, such as bullseye, international/olympic style, etc. They each have their own equipment requirements. The red-dot sight on your pistol can't be used in international/olympic style events (not for an official score, anyway), but is perfectly legal for bullseye (but you'll also need to get a .45 cal for bullseye- it's a two gun match.) So, I think it would really help if you decided what it was you wanted to shoot (and if you know, please share it with us.) If you are uncertain, I'm sure there are some folks here who can answer questions you might have about other disciplines. This also has a great impact on your other topic about what match pistol to buy.

Thanks,
Ted
darticus

Thanks Ted

Post by darticus »

I just shoot for fun and just recently found a local range to shoot at.Think I want target grips but not sure.Do you have any suggestions?It has a lefty grip I need a righty. I have target grips on my steyrs.Ron
Nicole Hamilton

Re: Thanks Fred M

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Ted Bell wrote:... you'll also need to get a .45 cal for bullseye- it's a two gun match.
Sometimes. A lot of NRA BE leagues just shoot the .22 national match course, either as a 300 or a 900 (i.e., a 30-shot or a 90-shot match.) That was true in both the leagues I shot in MA and it was true in the league I shot out here in WA last winter. You only need a .45 for a 2700 match, which is technically a three-gun match (.22, centerfire, meaning .32 or larger, and .45), not a two-gun match, though it's true that a lot of folks will choose to shoot the the centerfire stage with their .45 as well.

Realistically, the last thing I'd recommend to a new shooter is that he should go right out and buy a .45, mostly because it's just so totally guaranteed to train him to flinch. First, focus on developing basic knowledge and skills. Then worry about collecting more guns.
Nicole Hamilton

Re: Thanks David

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

darticus wrote:I noticed some messages from last year never went out and are in my OUT box.
Messages will stay in your Out box until they're actually read. If someone only rarely checks their private messages (e.g., if they haven't asked for email notifications when they arrive) it could be a long time between when you send a message and when it gets read.
Ted Bell

Re: Thanks Ted

Post by Ted Bell »

darticus wrote:I just shoot for fun and just recently found a local range to shoot at.Think I want target grips but not sure.Do you have any suggestions?It has a lefty grip I need a righty. I have target grips on my steyrs.Ron
Well, the "I jsut shoot for fun" part (don't we all) makes the answer to your question pretty easy- get whatever you'd like! In all seriousness, the target grips will have more advantages over the factory style grips, and the only downside is the cost. So, if you can afford the $150-$200 grips, there's no reason not to get them.

Good luck!
Ted
Nano

pistol grip

Post by Nano »

Darticus:

I make grips for pistols, I use a very good wood called "male mahogany".
I make many left hand grips for IZH46 pistols, (also I have in stock one left small and one right medium for the IZZY pistol) but make grips is not may principal work, I take 4 or 6 weeks for each grip.
If you want a target grips for your S&W 41, like your steyr grips (orthopedic), I can make a pair for you, at the half of the price of the famous brands (75 $us included the shipping cost).
It is a family bussines, my sister live in New York and she sells the grips in USA.
Please send me an e-mail if you have interest. ezamora@revistapyc.com

Thank you,

Nano

Post by Guest »

Steve Corcoran made a set of grips for my IZH 35m.fit and finish is highend. price is on the low end :-)