hammerli ap40

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Nano

hammerli ap40

Post by Nano »

To the forum:

I want to know wy Hammerli AP40 air pistol are not used for the top shooters?

My trainner say to me to find a pistol without absorver and search the most long barrel as possible, looking in the best PCP air pistols, the Hammerli have these two conditions (excluded the Izzy for the sistem pneumatic).
¿wy without absorver? because he say with the absorver you can´t feel the shoots, he uses a old steyr lp1 CO2.

Some hammerli owners can say something to me about the trigger, and the feeling of these pistol.

Nano

Post by Guest »

Money given to top shooters are a great reason!

Also benelli kite, emerging now, is pulled up by beretta property (Benelli is inglobated some years ago). Fas ap 609 is the originary project of the kite, but it have no (money) promotion on international shooter...

Second reason is that there are 2 mechanism now on top pistols: mechanical absorber and muzzle compensator. The first modified shooting sensation (introducing a new variable on you shooting process), the second one is clearly (by many test) reducing group.
About the internal absorber, on the steyr, Nestruev say he had modified it to have a little recoil...

So, i think to obtain more than a group, sizing like a pellet diameter, is impossibile. Today all match pistol (steyr, morini, kite, pardini, fwb) can do this group. So all other mechanism, like absorber, are to read as a shooter personal feeling, like trigger position, grip rotating and so on..

So, IMHO, what make the difference (between this virtually perfect pistol on higher shooters) is half taste and feeling, and half money promotion.

Hammerly can shoot well as the other brand, maybe do not offer the same assistance and "money".

IMHO.
My 0.02$.

Post by Guest »