22 lr match pistol recommendations

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Okay, it wasn't clear if you actually did go through with the purchase of the Ruger or not, given that you still seemed to be trying to pick a gun.

The Ruger is a perfectly respectable first gun. Now, go get some practice, perhaps take an NRA Basic Pistol class, start going to some matches and enjoy!
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

I am with Nicole when she suggests the Baikal IZH35M. I purchased one new earlier this year and apart from the rudimentary grips (which are made for the shooter to fine tune to his/her requirements) it is excellent value for money.
I recently shot my best scores in Standard Pistol and Sport Pistol with it and I am shooting close to by best score in Rapidfire. Recoil is negligible which makes it ideal for faster sequences.
I am an average .22 shooter but with the IZH I am getting two X rings out of every five shots (Now if only those other three shots could also be 10s)
I still have to carve a bit out of the palm of my grips to make the pistol point naturally at the target. Most out of the box IZH guns point to the right.
I am not sure what requirements importers in the US have but here in Oz the importer must by legislation have spare parts on hand. I have been fortunate enough not to have to test out whether the importer complies in that regard.
Fortitudo Dei

Re: Great Help!

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Nicole Hamilton wrote:
About the only gun that's "in between" in price that was recommended and which might be a credible choice is the Baikal IZH-35M, priced at about $500. It's a Russian gun and, like all things Russian, is about as pretty as a lawnmower
Not necessarily - look at the finish on this example for sale in Germany.