LP10 grip change

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darticus

LP10 grip change

Post by darticus »

Does anyone know if just changing grips can change pistol set up, if both grips are set the same.That means does the screw that mounts the grips cause a change in position of the grip to gun or does it just mount it straight on?
Fred Mannis

Re: LP10 grip change

Post by Fred Mannis »

darticus wrote:does the screw that mounts the grips cause a change in position of the grip to gun or does it just mount it straight on?
Ron, see section 7 in your owner's manual 'Adjusting the Grip'. It is possible to inadvertantly change the position of the grip relative to the gun when remounting the grip and tightening the grip mounting screw.
RobStubbs

Re: LP10 grip change

Post by RobStubbs »

darticus wrote:Does anyone know if just changing grips can change pistol set up, if both grips are set the same.That means does the screw that mounts the grips cause a change in position of the grip to gun or does it just mount it straight on?
In theory there should be no change since there are screws in the frame that fine tune the grip and level it up. The grip mounting screw/rod should just lot up the stting. It is however possible to mis seat the grip if you are clumsy but I've never had any problems and my grips come off quite often.

I suspect you may be asking if you can just swap grips - perhaps between person a) and b). I would say that should be no problem, just make sure the grips are properly seated each time.

Rob.
darticus

Thanks all

Post by darticus »

Will check it out.Wanted to use my lp 1 grips on my lp 10 without getting out of adjustment. Thanks