AMMO FOR FREE PISTOL

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DARK HORSE

AMMO FOR FREE PISTOL

Post by DARK HORSE »

What brand of ammo do you shoot in your Free pistol? What brand of pellets do you shoot in your Air pistol? Do you think it matters much?
Fred Mannis

Re: AMMO FOR FREE PISTOL

Post by Fred Mannis »

DARK HORSE wrote:What brand of ammo do you shoot in your Free pistol? What brand of pellets do you shoot in your Air pistol? Do you think it matters much?
If this is a serious question, do a search as this has been discussed ad nauseam
TWP

Post by TWP »

Yes it matters.

But what shoots best in my guns may not shoot best in yours.

The only way for you to find out what shoots best in your gun is for you to try the various choices and see which is best.

Ammo and pellets also vary by Lot so once you find that Lot of magic bullets that shoot very well in your gun, buy all you can afford.
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

[

If you really really want to know what shoots best in your gun, you will have to use a Ransom Rest to get 'objective' results... That way you would be standardizing the gun , the aim and the ammo.

you would then probably find that most makes shoot the same.

I think the best gun and the best ammo are purely a matter of taste and inclination....
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

.................... I like to shoot H&N Final Match Rifle pellets in my air pistol.

They somehow seem to be a bit heavier and longer than the pistol pellets.... and my gun does'nt seem to mind .
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Stick with Skanaker's advide - take the cheapest. Won't matter a bit with either of them. And you can always blame the 8's on the grip.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Tycho wrote:Stick with Skanaker's advide - take the cheapest. Won't matter a bit with either of them. And you can always blame the 8's on the grip.
Or you can blame the rubbish ammo - it does matter, especially in FP.

Rob.
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

Stick with Skanaker's advide - take the cheapest. Won't matter a bit with either of them. And you can always blame the 8's on the grip.

I think Ammo ; .22LR and .177 airgun pellets .. are one area where cheapest is d e f i n i t e l y not best !!