FWB P44

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
HLS

FWB P44

Post by HLS »

Hi all. I see that Feinwerkbau have just released a new air pistol to replace the P40. Any one seen one or tried one? Cheers
Brian B

Post by Brian B »

Going by the photos, looks to be a totally new model.
http://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/modules ... PageId=129
cdf

Post by cdf »

Their site is showing an upgraded version of the p55 . Might be interesting .

Chris
phil

Post by phil »

And a lightweight version for the AW93
Luke P.

Post by Luke P. »

Brian B wrote:Going by the photos, looks to be a totally new model.
http://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/modules ... PageId=129
It's very different on external look, but it seems to b the same engineering solutions,.. like "nothing to report under the sun".
Is very imbarassing change look to moving someone use their guns on p10 finals. They have no much satisfaction in the last p10 years....

I don't understand why they cannot find a top shooter to sponsor.
Nano

new fwb p44

Post by Nano »

I like the p40 laminated grip and balance rod´s.
These modell P44 looks like a morini in the chamber, the way to put the pellet.

One top shooter, Leonid Equimov from Russia, take 3rd position with the FWB P34 modell in the Worldcup Guangzhou (China) 2006, in air pistol men.

I think FWB are focused in air rifles, but I share that they should have more interest in air pistol and hire a shooter of the first level.

Nano
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I don't think there are many parts of the P34/40 in the P44. Friend of mine played around with the new one at the german champs in Munich, and he says that it's a completely different construction, basically built around the grip instead of the other way round. Looks very promising, in my eyes.

Post by Guest »

Luke P. wrote: It's very different on external look, but it seems to b the same engineering solutions,.. like "nothing to report under the sun".
It has to be to be called an Air Pistol.
Just like virtually every new model car will have 4 wheels and a steering wheel.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Tycho wrote:I don't think there are many parts of the P34/40 in the P44. Friend of mine played around with the new one at the german champs in Munich, and he says that it's a completely different construction, basically built around the grip instead of the other way round. Looks very promising, in my eyes.
I have a FWB P40, I am thinking in sell my pistol to buy the P44, but the P44 dont have real improvement news.

In the page http://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/modules ... PageId=129 you can see the characteristics of the new pistol:

exposed barrel (FBW P40 have)

elimination of shooting impulse by interior, patented absorber made of tungsten alligation which operates into direction of the barrel and Feinwerkbau separator. (FWB P40 have absorver, maybe not made of tugsten)

sighting line adjustable from 360 to 395 mm (by adjusting of the rear sight or moving of the front sight). Tilting equilization via sighting ± 15°.
adjustable 3-D-grip in 3 sizes, grip turn ± 3°, grip inclination 10°. (FWB P40 have)

fine adjustable trigger point, slack weight
adjustable from 220 to 500 g, trigger point
weight 80 to 300 g. (I think FWB P40 have)

Firing pin weight 5,5 g. (really new? )

Cranked trigger shoe, adjustable steadily to all directions (turnable, tiltable and over the ball tiltable as well as adjustable in length). (FWB P40 have)

with 2 compressed air cylinders (1 mounted), compressd air cylinders with integrated manometer as standard. (FWB P40 have)

delivery in special transport case.(FWB P40 have)

I need to know which are the real reasons to buy this gun, if someone can help it would be very useful.

Nano
cdf

Post by cdf »

I think it shows courage on FWB's part to introduce an apparently new pistol , when as we all know it's pretty much a Styer and Morini closed shop . I wish them well .

Chris
Nano

Post by Nano »

Tycho wrote:I don't think there are many parts of the P34/40 in the P44. Friend of mine played around with the new one at the german champs in Munich, and he says that it's a completely different construction, basically built around the grip instead of the other way round. Looks very promising, in my eyes.
I have a FWB P40, I am thinking in sell my pistol to buy the P44, but the P44 dont have real improvement news.

In the page http://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/modules ... PageId=129 you can see the characteristics of the new pistol:

exposed barrel (FBW P40 have)

elimination of shooting impulse by interior, patented absorber made of tungsten alligation which operates into direction of the barrel and Feinwerkbau separator. (FWB P40 have absorver, maybe not made of tugsten)

sighting line adjustable from 360 to 395 mm (by adjusting of the rear sight or moving of the front sight). Tilting equilization via sighting ± 15°.
adjustable 3-D-grip in 3 sizes, grip turn ± 3°, grip inclination 10°. (FWB P40 have)

fine adjustable trigger point, slack weight
adjustable from 220 to 500 g, trigger point
weight 80 to 300 g. (I think FWB P40 have)

Cranked trigger shoe, adjustable steadily to all directions (turnable, tiltable and over the ball tiltable as well as adjustable in length). (FWB P40 have)

with 2 compressed air cylinders (1 mounted), compressd air cylinders with integrated manometer as standard. (FWB P40 have)

delivery in special transport case.(FWB P40 have)

I need to know which are the real reasons to buy this gun, if someone can help it would be very useful.

Nano

Post by Guest »

cdf wrote:I think it shows courage on FWB's part to introduce an apparently new pistol , when as we all know it's pretty much a Styer and Morini closed shop . I wish them well .
Chris
Maybe they want to start theyr p10 lines as the "NEW" ones, opposing to "old" morini and steyr. But they have a very high price like steyr, so why i'll buy a fwb and not a affordable and well known steyr, or a less expensive morini EI?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Hey Nano - because the P40 looks like a piece of alien spaceship landing gear, and the P44 like a ISSF Air Pistol? IMHO there's so much wrong with the way FWB went in the P30 - P40 evolution, I'd get CTS from writing it down. Everything different has to be better, especially if you start with a base weight low enough so you don't need the governor of the PRC in his best form to lift it, and a grip position that doesn't resemble the one of the AR15. But of course, if you already have a P40, you're writing under the influence of cognitive dissonance, so I'm probably waisting my time. But it's been good to talk about it.

Post by Guest »

Effectively p40 look is a bit ...particular... (..poor?), by the picture p44 looks like a serious first class p10 air pistol.

But from what you wrote seems p40 is full of defect... maybe...you are not completely wrong!

Can i make a general (also p44) observation? Why all p10 pistol have the barrel more short than izh-46m? Izzy is 28 centimeters barrel, isn't it a advantage? (i think about rifle barrel...). This p44 declare 23,3 centimeters... 5 less izzy? Why?
Thank you.
Bye.
Kena
Nano

p44

Post by Nano »

Kena:

the IZZY barrel is longer to improve the power, which is very low, clearly that increases the acuracy.

The trainer of my club supports that the absorvers are a questioned invention, and he says that the longest barrels are more acurate, for example, to the young people and womens does not allow to shoot with short version pistols, they all use guns of long barrel.
If these ideas were real, the hammerli air pistols would be more used, because they dont have absorver and have the barrel longer than the steyr.

Nano
Axel

New AP, Feinwerkbau P44

Post by Axel »

FWB40 owner

A desirable top noch AP from FWB, finally?

Post by FWB40 owner »

Nano wrote:...basically built around the grip instead of the other way round. Looks very promising, in my eyes.

...elimination of shooting impulse by interior, patented absorber made of tungsten alligation which operates into direction of the barrel and Feinwerkbau separator. (FWB P40 have absorver, maybe not made of tugsten)

Nano[/quote]

The news: A better grip (a necessity). Less disturbance at firing. Lighter firing pin. Better trigger (postulated, ought to be).
And: a much lower basic weight, 0,95 kg. FWB has finely seen the writing on the wall.
I am looking forward to receive one for testing.
Nano

fwb p44

Post by Nano »

FWB40owner, plase post your oppinion after you test the p44.

Reduce the weight of the pistol, for me, is not a big change, I see all the factories offering less weight, the shooters buy these new pistols to put some aditional weight, dont have sense.

I am waiting real improvments.

Nano
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Actually, you're looking for reasons not to beat yourself over the head with your P40. It's called cognitive dissonance.

Re: fwb p44

Post by Guest »

Nano wrote:FWB40owner, plase post your oppinion after you test the p44.
Reduce the weight of the pistol, for me, is not a big change, I see all the factories offering less weight, the shooters buy these new pistols to put some aditional weight, dont have sense.
Nano
Yes, I will bring the word about the M44 (and their new 5 shooter as well).

A pistol with a basic lower weight is beneficial: every one can add weight to fill the needs. And center of gravity can be adjusted some by moving the additional weight(s) along the "rails". Great.

With a gun, weighting too much for your use WITHOUT any additinal weights, you are facing a problem. As many did with the FWB 40...