Walther SSP???????

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Post by Guest »

Yes the IZH35 has a fast recoil action. This is due to the low bore line and light slide.

I shot one for 8 years (1991-1999) and the other thing they are famous for is their reliabilty. No exaggeration, I has 3 malfunctions in all those years and none of them were in an important match. They will also eat any ammo and really don't need cleaning as the shape of the breech face seems to let the accumilated dirt just get pushed to the side and then fall off (onto you trigger finger!).

But, as I have previously said there is more to the muzzle heavy pistol than just the recoil characteristics. I firmly believe that it also helps to "smooth out" any possible triggering errors.

The 1000gr trigger is a major factor in RF shooting these days, especially in 4 seconds!
macca6429

Walther ssp ???

Post by macca6429 »

Tycho,
We are off topic but.
The xrb 76 was just modified (and I am not sure how) just another "run" of 4 pistols I think.
As you are well aware the Petriv gun is the HR30 Standard Pistol not a modified HR 31 (Rapid Fire prior to 01.01.2005). These were mainly used by the Ladies of the Soviet bloc and as such did not get much looking after.
Also H is for Haidurov of TOZ 35 fame and you so correctly point our the R is for Rasoryenov.
Cheers for now.
macca
macca6429

Walther SSP ????

Post by macca6429 »

Tycho,
Plus sorry I left this out of previous submission.
Bondaruk (UKE) definately uses a stock, if there is such a thing, IZH35M and "Temp" ammo.
Cheers,
macca
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Aargh, I'd just love to get my hands on some blueprints, or even better, some of those pistols....

To go even more off topic - Macca, you wouldn't know what Khaidurov is up to nowadays? His website's been frozen for a year now...

Post by Guest »

To go even more off topic - Macca, you wouldn't know what Khaidurov is up to nowadays? His website's been frozen for a year now...
I hear that it's all tied up in red tape, getting permits to manufacture and export etc. A shame as he is an old man now he could end up joining Razorenov in heaven's armoury before anything can be made.

I was lucky enough to meet Razorenov (not sure of the spelling?) in Suhl 1992. What an interesting guy!
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

As the original topic seems to have quieted down, I'll just continue on the russian track :-)

After reading a bit up on it, the "B" in HRB (I'll use that instead of the XRB, as I think it's phonetically more correct) seems to indicate the modification brought up by some Georgian guy (Buchukuri?) where the slide runs upwards, to reduce muzzle jump (realized nowadays in the AW93, where, too, it only works if you get enough force onto the wrist). However, the Piddubnyi article indicates that this was only integrated in three produced HRB88 models (in 22 short, therefore a evolution HR31), used - among others - by Kusmins in 1988. Based on the HR30 (in .22 LR) there would have been two evo models, the HR79 and the HR82. So (the big question) - where does this HRB76 come from? Are there others? Who else tinkered with the Razorionov design? Is this stuff written down somewhere? And how do I get my hands one this stuff? Doesn't somebody in Russia have a export license??
Tor

?

Post by Tor »

Tycho!
Alifrenkos gun you describe as homemade, is this a .22 version of the MTS 440 (7.62x??) centerfirepistol ?, I think it looks mutch the same. I just guess.............. it's difficult to find information about this guns.
About the HRB76 can this name simply be from the patentdate(14.09.76) on Khaidurovs recoil/damping system?

Tor Ingvaldsen
Tor

???

Post by Tor »

If Tycho have no answer about this MTS 440 (also called "bulldog) Does anybody other out there have any clue about this gun ?

Regards
Tor Ingvaldsen
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Sorry for the delay... I tried to find the source where I think I once read something about this pistol, but can't find it. If my memory serves right, the .22 Alifirenko is shooting now was basically a trial version for a downsized center fire pistol. I think somebody told me that some east bloc shooters were using the MTS440 for CISM MRF, but the .22 was pretty much unknown until Alifirenko (is he the only one? At least the Ukrainians don't seem to use it...) started shooting it for RFP. And I haven't the slightest clue about where it came from or who the designer was (KBP?!). I have a scan of an absolutely outstanding russian book from 1981, and it's not mentioned in there (contrary to the Khaidurov pistols, so it may not only be because of state secrets). It may have derived from the MC57-1 design (which was an RFP, see bottom row/left on the pic), though. It's interesting that the company claims to export the things, one should try to get one... Does anybody know if this 7.62 is the Nagant ammo or .32 S&W?
Attachments
Strange russian target pistols.jpg
Strange russian target pistols.jpg (9.08 KiB) Viewed 1710 times