Control targets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Cuervo79

Control targets

Post by Cuervo79 »

After an interesting chat on technique problems yesterday, today I was thinking if I could make my own control targets, seeing that training with the back of the target helped me so much, I guess with control targets would help me more. I have seen some targets with a triangle and a horizontal line, could anyone tell me the dimentions of the targets and lines so I could make my own? and also tell me what does each one do and how to use them.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Our host sells them. If you follow the links off Scott's website, it will lead you to the Edelman "manual" of how they are supposed to work.

The description of how they are supposed to be used makes sense at least.

Me? I've got a pile. Never used them.

Steve Swartz
Cuervo79

Post by Cuervo79 »

so you don't recomend them?
I was just courious if there whas something else I could work with besides the blank target....
Your thoughts?
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

If you are bored with your training, then by all means use drills and supplemental exercises that stimulate your interest and help focus your concentration level.

Shoot at reactive targets (shotgun clays, metal sihouettes, etc.); this seems to provide a welcome break from a dull training routine.

I can not say whether the control targets work any better than anything else or not. I have personally not used them. I have not heard many other competitors talk about using them.

For what it's worth, the catalog seems to make reasonable claims about their efficacy. I have my doubts though - that's why I never used tehm much - because it seems as though the theory upon which they are based does not properly disassemble the component parts of the shot process.

I'm not sure you can disconnect "vertical" and "horizontal" etc. elements of the shot process. More to it, I'm not sure that "hold" is actually that important in the first place. I know personally that it is quite possible to shoot 570s with a "barely 8 ring" hold.

Steve Swartz
Cuervo79

Post by Cuervo79 »

hehehe, ok. Just wondering...