the grip, release, and first 10 time.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Cuervo79

the grip, release, and first 10 time.

Post by Cuervo79 »

Hi, after reading allot of posts (including ed's uncontios shooting one).

I have been trying to implement some of the things most of you have said.

First of all after adding these, I have noticed a dramatic change in my group pattern (if I'm doing it right).
Now let me tell you what I'm doing.

First of all, after shooting about 900 shots, now I can concentrate on the sights and actually see them clearly (thanx to Steve for the blank target drill).

2 I have been trying to time the end of the 1st stage on the trigger to coincide with the bullseye, this in turn makes me ready to shoot in the next 2 - 3 seconds on the bullseye. (that's what I understand is where your first ten is yes?)

3 This one's a little tricky, the phrase "the trigger makes the sights" I took it as not only your fingers on the grip but the finger in the trigger help you to "contol" the woble and the sights. This means that after the end of the first stage on the trigger, that pressure on it also helps me stabylize the woble with the gun. Now on this point I want to focus on, because I find it kind of contradictory. 1 because its very difficult to put in words for others to understand and 2 because by using your trigger finger to stabylize the gun some might think that breaks you from a smooth trigger control.

Now all of this gave me 2 consistent groups inside the 9 ring (one group was about 8 shots, the other about 5) the rest of the shots where inside the 8 ring. I am thinking it is important, because the first group I had I was following these points. Then the other groups I missed because I stoped concentrating on the sights, and I was afraid that the timing of the trigger wouldn't be in sync to give me time to shoot in the "first 10 window" as soon as I decided not to worry because this was practice and started focusing on the sights again I got the second group I described.

Also I haven't been able to give it more time because this happened yesterday at the end of my training session (I am trying to shoot 100 shots per training, not really looking at the time just the shots). I couln't go today, but I will try to go tomorrow.

What do you guys think?
Fred Mannis

Re: the grip, release, and first 10 time.

Post by Fred Mannis »

Cuervo79 wrote: This one's a little tricky, the phrase "the trigger makes the sights" I took it as not only your fingers on the grip but the finger in the trigger help you to "contol" the woble and the sights. This means that after the end of the first stage on the trigger, that pressure on it also helps me stabylize the woble with the gun. Now on this point I want to focus on, because I find it kind of contradictory. 1 because its very difficult to put in words for others to understand and 2 because by using your trigger finger to stabylize the gun some might think that breaks you from a smooth trigger control.
My understanding is that the process called 'the trigger makes the sights' or what some call 'steering with the trigger' is not physically controlling the sight picture or the sight alignment with the trigger finger. It is a mental process in which you start the trigger and keep the trigger moving while visually focussing on the front sight and its alignment. In other words, you start the trigger, then achieve/maintain alignment; rather than achieve alignment, then start the trigger.

I cannot yet do this consistently, but it does give great results when I am in the groove.

Fred
Cuervo79

Post by Cuervo79 »

Seems that day I was in the zone, I did however see that when I am going down with the gun to the bullseye (positioning) it has to be fluid and kind of fast. Wich in turn I noticed it helps me keep more focus on the sights.

Today wasn`t really a nice day hehehe (get sometimes stumped when I get no real groups when training in the targets) How ever I feel the whole process is more fluid now with less "thinking of the steps".

Cheers